PDA

View Full Version : ??power steering??

hatemonger
12-01-2006, 01:57 AM
when i turn the wheel, usually when making a right turn, but it does it while making a left also. i can feel like a tapping on the floor board under my feet. i crawled under and can't see anything. maybe it has something to do with the power steering pump? my brakes are getting a little bad. i'll be having those done in a few weeks. wouldn't see that they would cause it though anyway. it's not a major tapping sound, but it can be felt and heard. kind of has me stumped.

chuksw9ve
12-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Sounds like a suspention problem...Something worn or loose. Tie rod ends,ball joints,CV joints...something or other wigglein when its not supposed to.Usually you cant see it....If the power steering is going out,it will be hard to turn,and maybe a high pitch whine when you turn.

Safe-N-Sound215
12-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Forst thing that crossed my mind when I read it was cv joints.

Lunchbocks
12-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Sounds like a suspention problem...Something worn or loose. Tie rod ends,ball joints,CV joints...something or other wigglein when its not supposed to.Usually you cant see it....If the power steering is going out,it will be hard to turn,and maybe a high pitch whine when you turn.

I agree with him. My first thought when reading the original post was ball joint but definitely get under there and give the suspension components a good wiggle. There are other possibilities such clicking from a wheel bearing but check the ball joints, tie rod ends and other components.

audiobahnuser18
12-03-2006, 01:36 AM
I also agree tie rod joints cv joints id check with them to but if it's your brake pedal that is making the thud kinda i would try disks cause one of mine had a flat spot and made my brake pedal thud sometimes when i stopped but i fixed it:) got new disks. but just sayn could be that but i doubt it

hatemonger
12-05-2006, 12:09 AM
thanks guys. i'll check it out.