PDA

View Full Version : all in one or seperate???

evan
12-01-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm thinking about putting a dvd player in my car but I'm not a huge fan of the motorized screens. I was thinking about getting a dvd/cd head unit and installing a monitor in the dash with fiberglass.

What are the pros and cons to using seperate components?

Trey803
12-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Get the double din screen. They fill the entire whole and are not flipout

evan
12-01-2006, 12:50 AM
Get the double din screen. They fill the entire whole and are not flipout
Who makes that style?

The websites say that both the Alpine IVA-w200 and the Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD have motorized screens. Does that mean they just adjust the angle but stay exposed when turned off, or do they retract into the cage?

kool-aid
12-01-2006, 03:00 AM
Who makes that style?

The websites say that both the Alpine IVA-w200 and the Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD have motorized screens. Does that mean they just adjust the angle but stay exposed when turned off, or do they retract into the cage?

kenwood and eclipse also make them, and i think by motorized it means it motorizes down so you can put cds in

evan
12-01-2006, 03:03 AM
kenwood and eclipse also make them, and i think by motorized it means it motorizes down so you can put cds in But I'm not looking for one that you can put CDs in. I just want a monitor basically. Something to play the video signal that the dvd headunit sends to it.

kool-aid
12-01-2006, 01:01 PM
But I'm not looking for one that you can put CDs in. I just want a monitor basically. Something to play the video signal that the dvd headunit sends to it.

why not just buy an indash dvd player? id prefer one of those over a screen and itd be much easier to install