PDA

View Full Version : Odd problems with Sirius

nrd515
11-29-2006, 04:32 AM
Hi everybody. I bought a JVC KD-AR7500 head unit and the JVC Sirius box about 9 months ago. I have the same issue over and over again, every so often, when changing the channel on Sirius, the channel itself changes, but the channel doesn't, then the HU beeps, and says reset 08 on the display. It's locked up. I hit the reset button, and lose every setting I had saved, of course, but about 90% of the time, Sirius is no longer available. It doesn't even show up when I hit the input button. It will not work again, untill the Sirius box is unplugged and plugged back in, then it works until the next time it happens, a month or two later.

The dealer has replaced EVERYTHING at least once, and a couple of days ago, it happened again.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

The dealer grounded everything to a different spot, and it works now, but I have my doubts it's going to fix it.

bdawson72
11-29-2006, 04:53 AM
that sux

rollerdj
11-29-2006, 08:31 AM
I had a simular problem with my Sirius on my Kenwood head unit, replaced everything on it and it would still act up. I find it funny that i never had a problem when kenwood was making the reciver. now that sirius is, i've been through 5 units. i finally just gave up and don't have sirius anymore. it's not worth the hassle.

Richard76
12-03-2006, 10:00 PM
I had the same problem with my JVC KD-LHX550 and the Sirius module. After the second time, I had the dealer replace the Sirius module but the problem returned after a week.

Solution: Removed JVC head unit and Sirius module and replaced with a Jensen CD/DVD/MP3 head unit and XM module.

nrd515
12-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Well, this is still happening, JVC is not being very co-operative with the dealer, who is getting as frustrated as I am with it. For as much as this set up cost me, I would really really like to be able to just use it and save my settings for more than a few weeks. Even my old Audiovox cassette unit that went through take up reel clutches wasn't as frustrating as this deal is. If I don't get any help or satisfaction from JVC, I guess I'm goingto have to insist on store credit and let them fight it out with JVC later. I used to sell home stereo 30 years ago, and I've dealt with some of these companies as a dealer, and a couple of them used to get me so angry I wouldget jaw aches from clenching my teeth so hard when something I sent in for a minor repair would come back all dinged up, or worse than it was in the first place. One of them lost MY receiver for a couple months, and finally sent it back UNOPENED. :mad:
So back it goes, for about 5 months, and comes back with a big scratch on the front panel. :mad: :mad:

Anyway, I've about had it. I wish I would have bought the Clarion I was originally going to buy instead.

azbass
12-19-2006, 08:18 PM
ditch the jvc :fyi: