PDA

View Full Version : DEI guru's HELP!!! Please!

atwistd1
11-28-2006, 08:26 PM
okay the nightmare continues... 3 weeks ago i had an avi start 4400 by avital installed in my 02 blazer. the first installer screwed it up totally, left wires exposed and everywhere, did not program it properly, so i take it back and the store manager sends me to another of their locations where the "expert" installers are, the uninstall and reinstall the alarm, everything seems fine till i am tryin to show a friend how it works and can not get it to trip on the door pins. i take it back and the insataller (expert one) does something for about 15 minutes and test's it all and all seems fine. I take the car go back to work and do not set the alarm, when i get home i set the alarm and go upstairs about 15 to 20 minutes pass and the pager goes off, the icon is flashing the door, i go check it out and all is fine with the car, re arm it go back upstairs and 10 to 15 minutes later it goes off again, same routine, happens again, this time i do not re set the alarm, i let it run out ( only one siren cycle) and it stops, 5 minutes later, alarm goes off again and the door icon continues to flash. What is up with this? i chose this alarm cause all i heard was how good it is and it is the same brain as the viper 791 for 200 dollars less. i know DEI products are great but this one seems to not be, help me please any suggestions as to why it is doing this?

azbass
11-28-2006, 08:30 PM
sounds like somthing in teh car (bcm) is going to "sleep" which sets the alarm off if not properly isolated from the alarm.

or they did not isolate the doors from eachother. or there is a bad door pin. (you may want to check for a bad door pin)

atwistd1
11-28-2006, 08:36 PM
sounds like somthing in teh car (bcm) is going to "sleep" which sets the alarm off if not properly isolated from the alarm.

or they did not isolate the doors from eachother. or there is a bad door pin. (you may want to check for a bad door pin)

i will check that out, if i open each door and the light comes on, i should assume that it works correct? i also have the delayed lights when i exit the car, lights stay on for about 10 seconds. I see you are from Brick, Jersey City here, the shop that did the install is in Brick, but their Edison store is where i got it all fixed, woodbridge did the original install.

azbass
11-28-2006, 11:48 PM
i will check that out, if i open each door and the light comes on, i should assume that it works correct? i also have the delayed lights when i exit the car, lights stay on for about 10 seconds. I see you are from Brick, Jersey City here, the shop that did the install is in Brick, but their Edison store is where i got it all fixed, woodbridge did the original install.

correct. open each door (after the dome goes out) to make sure the dome comes on for that door. i am in Brick. i can check it for you if needed. what shop did the work in Edison? you may want to talk to Don. he goes by 6spdcoupe on this forum. he owns his own shop in Edison called Unexpected Creations.

either him or i can help you out

atwistd1
11-29-2006, 07:19 AM
correct. open each door (after the dome goes out) to make sure the dome comes on for that door. i am in Brick. i can check it for you if needed. what shop did the work in Edison? you may want to talk to Don. he goes by 6spdcoupe on this forum. he owns his own shop in Edison called Unexpected Creations.

either him or i can help you out

i wish i would have known that either you or Don had a shop ... Auto Image on Route 1 south did the install, it has been a real nightmare, sooo disappointed in them and their work. let me see what happens today and maybe i could have you look at it or i can contact Don. Thanks , again wish i would have known of you guys before, i probably would have had alot less headaches with this.

Shyne151
11-29-2006, 01:34 PM
You're talking about a blazer, not a trailblazer right?

There are two different ways to hookup the door trigers on the blazers... there are individual door pins or hooking it upto the domelight. If they did it to the individual triggers and didn't diode isolate each door trigger that could be your problem... if it's hooked up to the domelight(most common way), make sure your domelight over ride isn't on.

When it goes off is it doing an instant trigger? or warning chirps then going off?

atwistd1
11-29-2006, 08:42 PM
You're talking about a blazer, not a trailblazer right?

There are two different ways to hookup the door trigers on the blazers... there are individual door pins or hooking it upto the domelight. If they did it to the individual triggers and didn't diode isolate each door trigger that could be your problem... if it's hooked up to the domelight(most common way), make sure your domelight over ride isn't on.

When it goes off is it doing an instant trigger? or warning chirps then going off?

if i remember correctly, it gives several warning chirps first then full blast siren. Yes it is an S10 Blazer 2002.

The shop that did the install said today that they need to change the pass lock or key module? in order to fix the problem, they are going to do it tomorrow and need the car for the whole day again, i am getting sick of leaving my car with them for the wole day again and getting it back still not working right. hopefully this time it will be right.

When i called DEI again today, all they said is it is the dealers problem and not their's, if i can not get the dealer to stand by their install and fix it correctly, i have no other recourse. Nice policy from a company that voids their warranty if you do not use one of their dealers, then when there is a problem with their dealer, they will not get involved.

This will be the last DEI product i ever buy and the last time i will ever go to Auto Image here in New Jersey.

kool-aid
11-29-2006, 09:05 PM
if i remember correctly, it gives several warning chirps first then full blast siren. Yes it is an S10 Blazer 2002.

The shop that did the install said today that they need to change the pass lock or key module? in order to fix the problem, they are going to do it tomorrow and need the car for the whole day again, i am getting sick of leaving my car with them for the wole day again and getting it back still not working right. hopefully this time it will be right.

When i called DEI again today, all they said is it is the dealers problem and not their's, if i can not get the dealer to stand by their install and fix it correctly, i have no other recourse. Nice policy from a company that voids their warranty if you do not use one of their dealers, then when there is a problem with their dealer, they will not get involved.

This will be the last DEI product i ever buy and the last time i will ever go to Auto Image here in New Jersey.

who did you talk to at directed? if you call back talk to manny or ron, they should be able to help you, if that doesnt work i can put you in contact with some people over there in new york who would be able to help you

atwistd1
11-29-2006, 09:20 PM
who did you talk to at directed? if you call back talk to manny or ron, they should be able to help you, if that doesnt work i can put you in contact with some people over there in new york who would be able to help you

WOW!! Thank You!! i will see what happens tomorrow with the shop and if it is still not right i will call one of those guys you mentioned. Again thanks alot, you can always count on the members of this forum for help and support!:veryhapp:

KaeZoo
11-29-2006, 09:35 PM

Passlock has nothing at all to do with the door triggers or the alarm functions; it's only relevance is to the remote start. I'd say it's time to cut your losses with this shop. Screwing with Passlock won't do a thing to help your problem.

atwistd1
11-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Passlock has nothing at all to do with the door triggers or the alarm functions; it's only relevance is to the remote start. I'd say it's time to cut your losses with this shop. Screwing with Passlock won't do a thing to help your problem.

I agree it is time to cut my losses with that shop, that is why i cancelled my appointment today and set up an appointment with another shop for next thursday, after speaking with the owner of the new shop for 5 minutes, he basically said the same as everyone else on here, which was enough for me to trust him, he said that he believes that the door pins were not isolated from the bcm and were wired wrong, thus they are getting fed back a signal which is triggering the alarm, he also said that he will check and diagnose the whole system and correct what needs to be corrected and if need be he will warranty out the alarm and swap it. This guy totally impressed me within the first 2 sentences of our conversation, and a quick look around his shop and you could see the quality of their work. Also the BMW's. Escalades and Range Rovers did help matters.

azbass
11-30-2006, 08:49 PM
told ya that in my first post woot. and coulda fixded it for yas. hehe

atwistd1
11-30-2006, 09:04 PM
told ya that in my first post woot. and coulda fixded it for yas. hehe

yeah i know you were the first to say that. after the alarm is straightened out i want to finish the sound system install, would you be interested in doing some install work, i did most of the rack and stuff and all wires are run to back already, just need someone to hook everything up and tune it and set all the x-over pionts, The system is:

HU: Eclipse AV8022
Comps: EDi 6500's
Amps: Comps - Zed Gladius; Subs - 2 Zed Miniliths Strapped
Subs: 2 MA 12D4
3 floating amp racks with led's and a fiberglass mono chamber box.

interested??

azbass
11-30-2006, 09:05 PM
sure i can take a look at it for ya

atwistd1
11-30-2006, 09:09 PM
sure i can take a look at it for ya

cool, when the alarm is done, i will pm ya and we can set up a time. Thanks

azbass
11-30-2006, 09:17 PM
sounds good

6spdcoupe
12-04-2006, 02:51 AM
Did you happen to get a name from who did the install? Rob,Vinny,Ed?

Which shop is it that your going to now? What is the charge that they are giving you?

atwistd1
12-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Did you happen to get a name from who did the install? Rob,Vinny,Ed?

Which shop is it that your going to now? What is the charge that they are giving you?

Rob did the original install in woodbridge, then Ed did the reinstall in Edison and all the subsiquent work, The name of the new shop is Z&R in Middlesex, as far as price, i spoke with The owner, Rob? (his card is in the car) but he said that they will look at it first then call with a price. He thinks that they may just take the whole thing out and start over.

THUNDERBIRD
12-08-2006, 03:25 PM
so did you get it fixed then? and how much did that run you?

atwistd1
12-08-2006, 05:42 PM
so did you get it fixed then? and how much did that run you?

yeah i got it fixed yesterday, Z and R auto salon in middlesex, NJ did the work and a great job they did. They wired all the door pins properly with resistors and all was fine till just before i picked it up and it went off again, so they went thru everything, warranteed out the brain and module and put in brand new ones, and checked all the wiring and again it went off, so they rewired the door sensor thru the dome light now and no more problem. it cost me $120.00 and i lost the $ from Auto Image, i even sent the owner of Auto Image an email explaining everything and never heard a word from him or anyone else there, i guess they really do not care about taking care of unhappy customers.

I wanna give Rob and the guys at Z and R a big thanks and say it is nice to find a shop with integrity, they even vacumed out the car when they were done and gave a happy resolution to a frustrating situation, to me that is what seperates a professional from an amature shop. sorry not trying to give a review of the shop here but i was extremly impressed with all aspects of the way that they handled my situation and left the door open for me to return if there were any problems.

THUNDERBIRD
12-08-2006, 08:02 PM
that is awsome!