PDA

View Full Version : 6" Comp @ 75W < $300 Recommendations?

SilentBob
11-28-2006, 05:00 AM
I am planning to rework the stereo in my Mitsubish 3000GT

Trying to decide on the front speakers right now.

I have space for 6.5" speakers in the doors.

I will be running a JL 12W6v2 sealed in the rear hatch.

I have an RF Punch 600.4 (75W x 4 @ 4ohm) amp that I would like to reuse.

Right now I am just planning on spending money on the front speakers and leaving the factory Infinity 6x9s in the rear.

I'm trying to decide on a component speaker set that I can get for less than $300 that will be comfortable with that amp.

Recommendations?

DOHCDX
11-28-2006, 01:39 PM
forget the rear fill

is that the only amp you have? if so, run the comps on the front channels, and bridge the rear for the sub.

me, i prefer silk tweeters

you can get a diamond comp set (like the 661s) for under $200. put the extra $100 into sound deadening the doors (if you haven't already).

crazy4ozs
11-28-2006, 02:13 PM
ya, forget the rear speakers...and if ur planin on spendin 300 for just you front comps...ull need more than 75 watts to power em...

better comps=more watts

SilentBob
11-28-2006, 03:14 PM
I've got a couple of different 1000W amps...I'm debating on which one to use to drive the sub with.

I couldn't pass up the $299 price on the CDT ES-620s from woofersetc

I've never heard the speakers, and in fact until I started searching over the past few weeks, I had never heard of CDT. Unfortunately there isn't anywhere around here I can demo them, so I'm hoping that they turn out to be as great as everyone thinks.

If I bridge the amp it will run at 300W x 2 @ 4ohm

I think I may just run the rear's off of the head unit, then if I essentially don't want them hooked up, all I have to do is fade full to front.