PDA

View Full Version : Surges and hovers

audiobahnuser18
11-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Alright guy's i need some Help i have a 1989 Lincoln Mark VII And i need some help It runs good when your just driving it around giving it gas etc... all normal but when u let it idle with pressing no gas or brake it idle's at 15mph is that right? another thing is when you go to put it in park it starts to surge lights flicker and engine starts to hover , now sometimes it will do that for a little bit then shut off or other's it will just keep doing that.....what could it be i checked the manual and it said check for a tune up or pcv valve but i have changed all that pcv is like brand new and tune up i only did about 3 months ago. it just now started doing this because winter hit but in the summer it ran great . or sometimes when it's really cold it will just start to surge and hover as soon as you go to start it but that is only when it's really cold out....please some one help me i need help bad i need to figure this problem out

p.s. has brand new battery in it also

NebBlackshirts
11-26-2006, 11:04 PM
hecks naw, it should not idle at 15 mph!

audiobahnuser18
11-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah i didn't think so man Thanks:).....but anyone else with any other information bout this please i need help=/

diamondfan
12-09-2006, 04:57 PM
try cleaning the iac motor with some brake cleaner if that doesnt work
check your tps or throttle position sensor voltage it should be at .98 with the key
on not running.:D

phantom240
12-09-2006, 05:00 PM
idk... my mom's 94 maxima idled at like 12-14 mph. Clean the motor with seafoam. Run it in the IACV and the PCV lines too.