PDA

View Full Version : From stock speakers to a new set

bwell
11-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Well to start off I will be upgrading my stock speakers in my 01 ranger and I am looking at getting 2 sets of good 5x7 speakers for the truck.

Also this is my first system in my truck including my mtx 10" running at 300 watts bridged. w/ my Pioneer 4800

Ok the speakers I'm currently looking at are the Polk Audio db 570. They are nothing too awesome compared to what you guys are rocking but I mean its something.

I have 150 bucks to spend and these Polks are 99.99 ( a set ) on Crutchfield, but Crutchfield has this buy a pair, get second pair half off so it fits my budget perfectly.

Since Im also running a Pioneer 4800 it will be running at 22 watts but it can handle 60 easily. So maybe in the future I could get 4x50 if thats the route I want to take.

Any feedback on if these speakers are bad/good or if you all have any other suggestions as to another set of speakers in my price range that are good or any advice would be wonderful. Thanks for the input.

MBrock4u
11-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Although I see you have a couple of posts, let me first say welcome to the forum. OK, let me tell you as a Polk audio user, for the money you will love them speakers. I run Polk momo's for front stage along with the Polk db1000 tweeters. I love them. They sound so smooth, and crystal clear at all volume levels. I do recomend you amp those db's for maximum performance. They are sweet. You should be happy with them. Good luck with your system! :)

bwell
11-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Although I see you have a couple of posts, let me first say welcome to the forum. OK, let me tell you as a Polk audio user, for the money you will love them speakers. I run Polk momo's for front stage along with the Polk db1000 tweeters. I love them. They sound so smooth, and crystal clear at all volume levels. I do recomend you amp those db's for maximum performance. They are sweet. You should be happy with them. Good luck with your system! :)

haha thanks for the input and I bought them a few minutes ago.

I hope they are sweet. I snagged the deal thank goodness only 150 for two sets of those beauties.

Also Another question. At what point do I look into a new alternator/battery?