PDA

View Full Version : black and white picture?

saywhat?
11-25-2006, 03:40 PM
okay, so we hook up our receiver to the video 1 set on the TV, hoping to gain surround sound from the TV channels.....but the picture is black and white? Is there any reason why this would change it? We are kinda at a loss because we cant figure why the picture went black and white...

Megalomaniac
11-25-2006, 03:43 PM
okay, so we hook up our receiver to the video 1 set on the TV, hoping to gain surround sound from the TV channels.....but the picture is black and white? Is there any reason why this would change it? We are kinda at a loss because we cant figure why the picture went black and white...

something simalar happend last night while i was on a video shoot for a wedding. we had our cameras hooked up to the projectors for a live feed, the image ended up being black & white. It turned out the BNC cable was bad(probally had a kink in it somewhere) we replaced the cable and picture was perfect(with color):)

saywhat?
11-25-2006, 03:55 PM
what is the BNC cable?

Megalomaniac
11-25-2006, 04:01 PM
British Network Connector. its basically a coax cable,but has a twist lock at the end of it

http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/copyrighted_images/connector_rp-bnc.jpg
you probally dont have it, but i was just stating i solved my problem by changing the cable.

saywhat?
11-25-2006, 04:07 PM
yah, we dont have that. it wont change from black and white even with the cable running straight to the tv, bypassing the receiver and everything. There is a little button beside the power LED that I MAY have pressed on accident, but I doubt it changes the **** color setting.

Rattlebrain
11-25-2006, 04:08 PM
You time warped to the past when TV was only in B&W. Good thing you made it back OK.

Megalomaniac
11-25-2006, 04:08 PM
try swapping the cable,

are you running component or composite?

Rattlebrain
11-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Sorry ill shut up and get out of this before I get my E-*** beat.

saywhat?
11-25-2006, 04:12 PM
try swapping the cable,

are you running component or composite?

what do u mean by composite? there is a video 1/video2/analog out/composite/and then all the computer screen/HDTV crap i guess.

We are just trying to hook up basic cable to come in on color, and go from there as to how possibly to get cable hooked into the surround sound system.

What should things be hooked up as just to get the **** basic cable to be color? It just comes out of the wall, into the TV with the little twist connect deal.

Megalomaniac
11-25-2006, 04:15 PM
what do u mean by composite? there is a video 1/video2/analog out/composite/and then all the computer screen/HDTV crap i guess.

We are just trying to hook up basic cable to come in on color, and go from there as to how possibly to get cable hooked into the surround sound system.

What should things be hooked up as just to get the **** basic cable to be color? It just comes out of the wall, into the TV with the little twist connect deal.

ok so the coax cable form the wall(antenna/cable/satelite connection) plugs into the reciever and the reciever should have a video out, plug the rca from the video out (rca)into the tv input(rca). i think this is how it should be setup. try diffrent rca cables if neccessary

saywhat?
11-25-2006, 04:21 PM
okay we did an auto scan or something and the color came back.....now....to figure out how to do the tv to have surround later.

saywhat?
11-25-2006, 04:26 PM
pics of the tv/stand are coming btw.

saywhat?
11-25-2006, 04:31 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/sacreddispute03/album%202/DSCF1918.jpg heres the TV.

Megalomaniac
11-25-2006, 04:35 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/sacreddispute03/album%202/DSCF1918.jpg heres the TV.

such a beautiful tv and you're not using component, dvi, or HDMI shame on you

saywhat?
11-25-2006, 05:30 PM
we live in a neighborhood with exclusive rights to the cable company. We have to get some sort of satallite setup to get anything else, no land lines allowed. They are speaking of doing HDTV soon, but who knows. Is this when you use HDMI and all? When you have access to the HDTV stuff?

Also, is this a good tv compared to others? I really dont know much, nor does my dad on this type stuff, but hey.....its cool looking with a good picture haha.

saywhat?
11-25-2006, 05:31 PM
such a beautiful tv and you're not using component, dvi, or HDMI shame on you

also, if you have aim i would like to talk to you about how to integrate these things into the setup as I think having a really good picture/sound would make my dad a lot happier with his purchases.

Megalomaniac
11-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Megalomaniac1989

I won't be on tonight I'm goin to work. but i'll be on tomarro

joetama
11-25-2006, 11:41 PM
That Coax cable connector is called an 'F' Connector (the same grade you get in today's connector quiz).

Even if you aren't running HD the upgrade to HDMI, DVI, or component will still improve you picture.

What brand and model is the set? And what was the price on it?