PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Problem...

dleccord
11-25-2006, 03:40 AM
Long story short, I shorted one of the wires today when I was removing the radio. I cannot find the blown fuse in my mom's car. The problem now is that most of the accesories would not work unless the key is at the ON position; the interior dome lights, door locks, and headlights wouldnt work without the key being in place. Brakes and horns work fine. Can this be a relay problem?

I did use the DMM to test the constant wire and that one has no reading. The ignition has a reading. Thanks.

hatemonger
11-25-2006, 03:49 AM
Long story short, I shorted one of the wires today when I was removing the radio. I cannot find the blown fuse in my mom's car. The problem now is that most of the accesories would not work unless the key is at the ON position; the interior dome lights, door locks, and headlights wouldnt work without the key being in place. Brakes and horns work fine. Can this be a relay problem?

I did use the DMM to test the constant wire and that one has no reading. The ignition has a reading. Thanks.

sounds like a relay. my isuzu had all kinds of wierd crap happen. the air conditioner woldn't work, or the fan. all the dash lights would stay on for 5 minutes or so, then shut off.the dome light wouldn't turn on, etc. all fixed by a 35 dollar relay.

dleccord
11-25-2006, 03:53 AM
before you installed that new relay, did those things work when you had the key to the ON position?

hatemonger
11-25-2006, 03:56 AM
before you installed that new relay, did those things work when you had the key to the ON position?

it was 7 years ago, but if i remember, the problems started after starting the engine. it wouldn't idle very well. after 5 minutes or so after running the motor it would all go back to normal. eventually though, it never went to normal and did wierd ***** the whole time.

dleccord
11-25-2006, 12:25 PM
anyone else ?

DeViOuSoNe
11-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Id check fuses again, They are all over the place in some cars

dleccord
11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
so relays are out of the question? dont they have self-fusing in them?

dleccord
11-25-2006, 12:52 PM
okay i havent confirm on the radio 12 constant but the accesories work now. thanks guys. it was a blown fuse. i missed it because its those mini fuses. thanks again!