PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Avic N2 and D2?? Might buy tomorrow

bimma85
11-25-2006, 02:55 AM
I'm thinking about picking up a screen that is on sale. I would prefer built in dvd and need to have navigation.

The N2 is 700
The D2 is 1100. Both brand new and last years model. They both are from an authorized dealer, locally.

Does anyone have any opinions on either? Used them? Owned them?
Likes, dislikes etc.

I have to know by tomorrow morning and am about to start doing some checking.

I was just hoping maybe I could get some quick answers and opinions here.

Also do these units have fm tuner, xover, eq?

smd4life
11-25-2006, 02:56 AM
id get the n1 dvd's in motion ftw

Louisiana_CRX
11-25-2006, 03:00 AM
At that price buy the N2....;)

bimma85
11-25-2006, 03:04 AM
Yea looking at ebay price, it seems to be a dam good deal for a B&M store.(probably under cost....which is why I must purchase by tomorrow).

Does the N2 have all the sub preout plus front preout, at least? tuner? xover? eq?

bimma85
11-25-2006, 03:48 AM
"Built-in 7.5MB navigation memory lets you eject the map disc once your route is calculated"

Does this mean I have to pop the Nav DVD in, even if just for a few seconds, everytime I want to use the navigation?

JunkTitleGolf
11-25-2006, 03:53 AM
Yeah. If you want it to not use the disc I think you have to get the Z1 or something like that. Very good though. Have a N1 that just needs a brain.

smd4life
11-25-2006, 03:53 AM
yes it's got threee sets of preouts...and i now with the d1, it has two drives one for cd, mp3 and another for the rom so you could use navi and still listen to music

bimma85
11-25-2006, 03:59 AM
how long does it take to calculate the route? Few seconds? Few minutes?

RJ Sclafani
11-26-2006, 11:01 AM
THE AVICD2 DOES NOT PLAY DVDS. I'd go with the d2 still, just add a cheap standalone dvd player and you have nav, double din, dvd and stereo for about 1300...

RJ Sclafani
11-26-2006, 11:03 AM
"Built-in 7.5MB navigation memory lets you eject the map disc once your route is calculated"

Does this mean I have to pop the Nav DVD in, even if just for a few seconds, everytime I want to use the navigation?

No, the disc sits in there all the time. If you want to go out west of the mississippi then you need to switch the disks.

RJ Sclafani
11-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Yea looking at ebay price, it seems to be a dam good deal for a B&M store.(probably under cost....which is why I must purchase by tomorrow).

at costs is $1050.00, so it's a decent deal.

champaned_out
11-27-2006, 08:10 AM

the package comes with 2 dics.. one for the east coast, one for the west coast..
and im pretty sure you keep it in there all the time if you need to use the navi feature.. its doesnt have a DVD playback feature so its not like you have anything else to put into the DVD rom

LinxuS
11-27-2006, 11:38 AM
If you get the N2, just leave the navigation disc inside the head unit, and for about $200 you can get a 6 disc CD / DVD changer, and just put all your CDs and DVDs in there. If you live in a pretty safe area and can afford a screen out at all times I'd probably go with the D2. In my case, I don't.. so I went with the N3 mainly because the screen hides away, and it looks like a cheaper head unit.

If you don't want to get the add on, the unit takes about 10 seconds to put the navigation into memory, and you can pop in your CD or DVD.

The D2 is basically the same unit, but you just can't play DVDs is all. And the D2 doesn't have a hide away unit like the N2 does.