PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer 7800 and ipod functions

wcarson8911
11-22-2006, 11:41 PM
How is the new Pioneer 7800 with the Pioneer CD-IB100ii ipod adapter? does it have good control from the head unit or is it slow? and is $300 brand new for these 2 together a good price?

trd_camry
11-23-2006, 05:25 PM
How is the new Pioneer 7800 with the Pioneer CD-IB100ii ipod adapter? does it have good control from the head unit or is it slow? and is $300 brand new for these 2 together a good price?

The control is good..the option is just like what is in the IPOD..how ever its too slow to load songs...takes about 3 sec to display a songs...and everytime you do a search..its goes back the beginng of the list

wcarson8911
11-23-2006, 08:17 PM
The control is good..the option is just like what is in the IPOD..how ever its too slow to load songs...takes about 3 sec to display a songs...and everytime you do a search..its goes back the beginng of the list

really? i've heard that it's almost full speed control with the ipod adapter. Do you have the 7800 personally?

trd_camry
11-23-2006, 08:21 PM
really? i've heard that it's almost full speed control with the ipod adapter. Do you have the 7800 personally?

actually i got the 780mp..higher model of the 7800..but they work the same...to tell you the truth..my ipod froze on me today..while i was listen it through my 780.

Clean Sound
11-23-2006, 09:31 PM
I also have the 780 with the ipod add on. I have had no problems with it and am happy overall. It is true that there is a slight lag if you are scolling quickly and it is annoying that you always need to start from the top of the list. However if you are using playlists I think it works out nicely. The songs coming across the screen look great. It is a good if not great interface.

wcarson8911
11-23-2006, 09:51 PM
I also have the 780 with the ipod add on. I have had no problems with it and am happy overall. It is true that there is a slight lag if you are scolling quickly and it is annoying that you always need to start from the top of the list. However if you are using playlists I think it works out nicely. The songs coming across the screen look great. It is a good if not great interface.

i planned on using the shuffle and playlists mostly. I would of course search for an occasional song but mainly shuffle. Is the shuffle mode good or does it take a while from song to song?

Clean Sound
11-24-2006, 09:55 AM
I have not used the shuffle feature but it is there and I believe you can shuffle in songs or albums. I will try it later on and report back my findings.

trd_camry
11-24-2006, 10:34 AM
It is true that there is a slight lag if you are scolling quickly and it is annoying that you always need to start from the top of the list.

yes..but i think that features comes with the hu not the ipod adapter

Clean Sound
11-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Regarding the shuffle feature, it works great. I used the shuffle songs feature in a playlist with about 50 songs, it advanced to the next song in no time as if it were the actual next song.

disturbed_cbr
01-03-2007, 02:23 AM
I know this is an old post but hey i was curious as if and when you like have 1 artist with 2 different albums can you go through it as if it were at MP3 cd???

scsi
01-13-2007, 02:17 PM
i was wondering something too. when you are shuffling, are you able to back track? i believe alpine units wont let you go back songs, only forward :(