PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic CQ-VD7003U

05_ZX636
11-21-2006, 04:28 AM
hopefully by end of week i will sell my premier 780, and get the pansonic dvd/cd in dash. question is, to get dvds to play all time, all i have to do is ground the wire that is supposed to go to parking break? correct or does anybody have this radio

azimuth
11-21-2006, 04:30 AM
hopefully by end of week i will sell my premier 780, and get the pansonic dvd/cd in dash. question is, to get dvds to play all time, all i have to do is ground the wire that is supposed to go to parking break? correct or does anybody have this radio

you are correct. don't kill someone watching videos while your driving though.

05_ZX636
11-21-2006, 05:31 AM
the main time the car is driven is at shows now anyway, so like everyone else i dont plan to go out and look for accident. another question is, where can i find like a 10" - 15" lcd monitor for car thats not a flipdown? i just want screen and housing to mount in panel i am fiberglassing. thanks again

SilverSquared
11-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Panasonic has a useless bolt in the box with the radio. Use that bolt on back of the unit (you will see a hole it goes into). Ground the green wire there with that bolt. Its really for a radio support strap, but no one uses those much, lol. I did it with mine, worked perfectly.

ebrunn
11-28-2006, 05:00 PM
You can just ground the wire out. I have the same screen and I put a switch on the wire for the ground so I can turn the by-pass of should any problems come up(5-O). It dosent need a sequence or anything.

330cizhp
02-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Sorry to bump this thread from so long ago, but I was doing some searches because I've currently started having problems with the screen going all the way up.

I had the screen set up to automatically open when starting the car, so as usual the screen comes out.

From here, the screen should tilt-up, but instead it stops for a second then goes back inside the dash.

Has anyone had any issues like this? or know of any reason why it does this or if there is any way to fix it? I thought maybe that somehow the safety wire that prevents you from viewing DVDs while driving came lose, which makes the screen not come out at all (if that makes sense).

All source functions still work properly, but not having a screen is so annoying! esp. since I disconnected my subs and turned my sub setting to off! now I can't turn it back on!

Any help is welcome. Thanks.