PDA

View Full Version : Best Value in 6.5 coaxials for my boat?

Gene3x
11-20-2006, 10:17 PM
In order to cover all the open space in a boat I may need 8 to 10 6.5inch coaxials. What is the best bet for sound durability, and value?

bri487
11-21-2006, 02:30 AM
in a boat, the best coaxial i have heard is the pioneer tsd-170r. it is an oversized 6.5" with a slightly larger tweeter than the rest. very helpful in tower setups. i have 8 diamond audio 6"s in my boat, it is fairly loud with my zapco 1000.4 and zapco sp4 EQ on them. i have a D3 12" with 1200 watts on it btw. four 6"s on the tower, four in the boat. but it doesnt keep up with this. this boat belongs to a guy at the shop i go to. i accidentally came across the pics on the nautique forum the other day. the shop owner has a 06 super air nautique 220 that makes this seem like childs play. we went to a boat show this summer and this boat alone was louder than the DJ that was closer to us than the boat was. those are two 9.0's btw.
http://www.planetnautique.com/modules/PNphpBB2/files/boatinwater.jpg
http://www.planetnautique.com/modules/PNphpBB2/files/april_stuff_009.jpg
http://www.planetnautique.com/modules/PNphpBB2/files/april_stuff_006.jpg

Gene3x
11-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Yea man that is nice. I am not going for anything that radical on the tower. I have a set of Defcon IV's on the tower, which are Image Dynamic speakers. I am pushing 350 a side at 2 ohms. I was looking for some great speakers for inside the cabin which my amp will be a 4 channel at 150RMS. Only need 6 reliable and durable 6.5 for the interior. Preferably at a good price.

95stroked1500
11-29-2006, 04:49 PM
have you researched out the crystal ssx 615's yet?

paper cone in a boat, i'd shy away from. but you don't have to go "marine". if your boat sinks to really get water where it doesn't belong, i hope you have insurance. and you'll have much bigger problems to worry about than water in your speakers. dry them out, they'll be good to go again. kiss your h/u and amps good by.

Gene3x
11-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Yea I looked at them.... I am sure they are great. I wanted to get a 2 or three suggestions & make comparisons. They sure are ugly though.

elementxero
11-30-2006, 01:37 PM
lol.

I smoke too much pot.

Every time I see this thread I think "for my boat" is some sort of weird slang that vaguely means "for what I need", and there is absolutely no reason why I should assume that. O_o

95stroked1500
11-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Yea I looked at them.... I am sure they are great. I wanted to get a 2 or three suggestions & make comparisons. They sure are ugly though.

lol, the cooling fins on the neo motor?

nothing wrong with searching. that is one thing you need to do, to make sure you get something you're happy with.

i search and audition every chance i get. :)

bri487
11-30-2006, 04:36 PM
have you researched out the crystal ssx 615's yet?

paper cone in a boat, i'd shy away from. but you don't have to go "marine". if your boat sinks to really get water where it doesn't belong, i hope you have insurance. and you'll have much bigger problems to worry about than water in your speakers. dry them out, they'll be good to go again. kiss your h/u and amps good by.

the diamonds, revs, or zapco coaxials have all held up just fine. i have heard all of those speakers on tower setups and in boats many many times in numerous installs. they all sounds great, the revs are a tad bit louder though. but as far as holding up, they are all in great shape.

bri487
11-30-2006, 04:38 PM
lol.

I smoke too much pot.

Every time I see this thread I think "for my boat" is some sort of weird slang that vaguely means "for what I need", and there is absolutely no reason why I should assume that. O_o

ok cool guy, shut up now.