PDA

View Full Version : cdt neo

fruggy
11-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Whats everybodys opinion on these http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3366 I have a budget of 100$ for a set of coaxils.Im thinking these cdt`s are my best bet.

envengineer
11-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Do you need 5.25's or would 6.5"s work? I have two sets of the 6.5" ef-61 neox for sale in the classifieds and I will beat that price including shipping. I have not ever installed them so I can not speak to their particular sound characteristics.

Hoodlum007
11-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Fiberglass series are great speakers, the fiberglass cones produce an excellent sound quality.

fruggy
11-20-2006, 09:44 PM
No I cant do 6.5.I can barely do 5.25 the 5.25 will be hanging out of my dash.I have a 1991 cavlalier.I had 6.6 sscs6 set and I sold them becasue they didnt work.So has anyone had expierence with the 5.25 neo set?I have a sx600.2 so I guess I will just have to be careful with my power if I get these.

Notwerk
11-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Um, if you have a place to put the tweeter, you might want to look at Exile XP Pros. They're just about the slimmest speaker available, with a mounting depth UNDER two inches. And they sound really good for the money. I own a set. They're well worth it. If you can't fit these, nothing fits.

Check www.exilecaraudio.com

They only sell through brick and mortar dealers, but if you don't have a dealer in the area, send a message to Morgan and they can do a direct sale for you. You won't find them online, as they control their distribution tightly.

(I have no affiliation with Exile, just own some of their stuff and have found them to be good guys)

Dozy_production
11-21-2006, 04:24 PM
On the exile set, you can put the tweeter on the mid. They can be "transformed" to resemble co axils. I have them too, and would agree they are an excellent set. the only problem ive had is that on some of hte songs, no matter how much eq'ing i do, the lower frequencies will cut out only the vocals.

khail19
11-21-2006, 04:30 PM
On the exile set, you can put the tweeter on the mid. They can be "transformed" to resemble co axils. I have them too, and would agree they are an excellent set. the only problem ive had is that on some of hte songs, no matter how much eq'ing i do, the lower frequencies will cut out only the vocals.

On the Xtec set that you and I have, you can coax mount the tweeters. On the XP Pro set that he's talking about I don't think you can.

Notwerk
11-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah, the XTEC can be coax mounted, but they're too deep for his application. The XP can't coax, but comes in at a depth of 1.85 inches.

Dozy_production
11-21-2006, 06:07 PM
lol i thought you still were talking about the xtecs?

khail19
11-21-2006, 06:10 PM
lol i thought you still were talking about the xtecs?

Um, if you have a place to put the tweeter, you might want to look at Exile XP Pros.

He only mentioned the XP Pros.