PDA

View Full Version : Possible Pioneer 880 problem???

Scroder2
11-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Have the 880 installed in my 04 Civic and have a question. Maybe this is normal and can be turned off or my deck is acting up. For about 8 seconds the screen will have a black background and white text and graphics then for 8 seconds it will invert the colors to a white background and black text/graphics. Do they all do this? Is it some sort of screensaver? Can I turn it off so its a black background all the time? Thanks for the help,

Dave

MTXman
11-18-2006, 06:30 PM
The same thing happened to me.

It's called reverse mode or something like that. I made a thread about this on my 6400 about 2 weeks ago, and the question was answered promptly

Have your car running, but the HU off. Hold the 5 button until you heard a beep.

I did this on my HU and have not seen that annoying crap ever since, hope that helped :)

Scroder2
11-18-2006, 06:37 PM
The same thing happened to me.

It's called reverse mode or something like that. I made a thread about this on my 6400 about 2 weeks ago, and the question was answered promptly

Have your car running, but the HU off. Hold the 5 button until you heard a beep.

I did this on my HU and have not seen that annoying crap ever since, hope that helped :)

Sweet--I think i saw that reverse mode as one of the options--Ill check it out when I get home

Dave

adam71
11-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Be advised however that reverse mode prevents burn-in on your display. If that doesn't bother you then go ahead and defeat it. If you want to keep that head unit for a while and don't want burn in then I'd recommend leaving it on.

Scroder2
11-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Be advised however that reverse mode prevents burn-in on your display. If that doesn't bother you then go ahead and defeat it. If you want to keep that head unit for a while and don't want burn in then I'd recommend leaving it on.

I dont know how I would get burn in when I have a moving screen saver in the background and constant scroll on. Why would it matter then except its annoying?

Dave

adam71
11-19-2006, 11:58 PM
I dont know how I would get burn in when I have a moving screen saver in the background and constant scroll on. Why would it matter then except its annoying?

Dave

Moving screen saver or not, I've seen it happen regardless of all that. Unless however they make the screens differently then the one I had on my DEH-P920R.

heyman421
11-20-2006, 12:03 AM
In addition to stopping burn-in, it makes sure all colors get used/fade equally over time, so the screen will continue to look uniorm over it's life

and i'm not suprised burn-in is a problem with these decks, the colors are INTENSE

adam71
11-20-2006, 12:08 AM
In addition to stopping burn-in, it makes sure all colors get used/fade equally over time, so the screen will continue to look uniorm over it's life

and i'm not suprised burn-in is a problem with these decks, the colors are INTENSE

Thank you. You stated that much better than I did.

DoobieBrother
11-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Heck, lately, I've enjoyed using it with display off. Stays off until you do something, then turns off again after after a few seconds.

Scroder2
11-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Heck, lately, I've enjoyed using it with display off. Stays off until you do something, then turns off again after after a few seconds.

You turn the screen off???-----and thanks HEYMAN421 and ADAM71 for making me turn it back on, as annoying as it is. If it will help in the long run I suppose I can live with it

Davd

lippstuh
02-12-2007, 01:43 PM
i find it annoying also, especially at night.... =X

joetama
02-12-2007, 01:50 PM
I think it is cool when it does it.... Doesn't bother me one bit....

nismos14
02-13-2007, 02:04 PM
I had mine off ony my 860 for 2 years, no issues. I don't plan to keep that annoying crap on on this unit.

adam71
02-13-2007, 02:43 PM
I had mine off ony my 860 for 2 years, no issues. I don't plan to keep that annoying crap on on this unit.

Then don't. To each his own. I don't see what is so annoying anyway. I watch the road when I drive.

joetama
02-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Then don't. To each his own. I don't see what is so annoying anyway. I watch the road when I drive.

:laugh: Yea... I think I look at the road too.... People always ***** about glide touch too, but I hardly ever use it....