PDA

View Full Version : First Box

63mopar
11-18-2006, 04:06 PM
So I am about to start work on my first box. I have to say that I am a terrible builder but I figure it is time try. I will be attempting to build this box with very minimal tooling. The tools involved will be a 14 inch hand saw, one corner clamp, one quick grip clamp, one c clamp, one square, one straight edge, one Dewalt drill, and an old desk for a work table. This will definately be a learning experience. I have not figured out how I am going to make the subwoofer hole but I will cross that bridge when I get there. Wish me luck

By the way the box will be 1.25 cf sealed and just a plain cube.

jmanpc
11-18-2006, 04:09 PM
good luck. shouldnt be difficult

SilverSquared
11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
You know, Walmart sells build it yourself boxes that size, or a lil smaller. LOL, $30 or $40 i think. They're even carpeted.

traksta15
11-18-2006, 04:17 PM
You know, Walmart sells build it yourself boxes that size, or a lil smaller. LOL, $30 or $40 i think. They're even carpeted.

lol, my buddy has one of those....it was hilarious.

Rattlebrain
11-18-2006, 04:23 PM
So I am about to start work on my first box. I have to say that I am a terrible builder but I figure it is time try. I will be attempting to build this box with very minimal tooling. The tools involved will be a 14 inch hand saw, one corner clamp, one quick grip clamp, one c clamp, one square, one straight edge, one Dewalt drill, and an old desk for a work table. This will definately be a learning experience. I have not figured out how I am going to make the subwoofer hole but I will cross that bridge when I get there. Wish me luck

By the way the box will be 1.25 cf sealed and just a plain cube.

Just jump in and do it. Dont worry if it doesn't turn out perfect. Building boxes is a learning experience. So don't get discouraged if it doesn't turn out right. Do it again!!

:thumbsup: