PDA

View Full Version : Oz Matrix Elite vs. Rainbow CMX265

ksauers
11-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Made a roadtrip today to listen to these. They both sound pretty good. The CMX's were a little cleaner ,clearer,brighter,and harsher than the OZ's(wonder how they would sound with the Cal25 silks insteasd of the Cal25 metal ,maybe that would have been "it"). The Oz'swere alittle warmer ,more lifelike, but were missing something I couldn't quite put my finger on. Couldn't decide between the 2. On the way home I with I would have listened to a couple of more songs that would have filled in the blanks of all my listening preferences now I just don't know. What do you guys think of these 2?

theothermike
11-17-2006, 05:12 PM
i dont like laid back speakers. so cmx's take my vote

PremierAudio
11-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Both are very good speakers, rainbows have a little more oomph if you know what I mean...Also dont forget that harshness can be dialed down with tuning.

3.5Max6spd
11-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Go with your gut. Were both sets installed optimally? Seeing same power?

Just take into account that on the top end...for me it is much easier (in most cases better sounding in the end)to cut a few eq bands of eq to accomodate a listening preference rather than boost a tweeter and force it to do something its not confortable with naturally when you crave more detail.

So as long as you are comfortable in picking a set in which you feel the tweeter offers the level of detail and resolution you desire, its all that matters.

ksauers
11-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Go with your gut. Were both sets installed optimally? Seeing same power?

Just take into account that on the top end...for me it is much easier (in most cases better sounding in the end)to cut a few eq bands of eq to accomodate a listening preference rather than boost a tweeter and force it to do something its not confortable with naturally when you crave more detail.

So as long as you are comfortable in picking a set in which you feel the tweeter offers the level of detail and resolution you desire, its all that matters.

Same sound board same amp

3.5Max6spd
11-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Same sound board same amp

Cool, what you think of the midbass?

ksauers
11-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Cool, what you think of the midbass?

Midbass I think was pretty good on the Cmx's,that might of been what was lacking on the Oz's

ktslayer55
11-17-2006, 10:58 PM
where was this at i live about 6 hours from milw, wisc and might not mind a road trip myself. Also what were they crossed over at?

ksauers
11-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Don't know what they were crossed at but they were at Radio Doctor in Madison. Just hop on the x way it will take you right to Madison.

ksauers
11-17-2006, 11:17 PM
da