PDA

View Full Version : 3-way components $300-400

ENDER_XVICM
11-17-2006, 10:05 AM
I have been kind of bent on CDT for my components, and m friend suggested I look around and see what other companies have to offer. I have looked at JLs XR 653, and some Focal. I didnt really like either of them because of the metal tweeters and it will be to harsh for my tastes. I listen to alot of vocals, mainly female (high soprano). Because of this I want to go with a silk dome tweeter. Does anyone have any suggestions that I could look at and possibly hear?

jmanpc
11-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Go active. I did a three-way with MB Quart 1" Tweets, 5.25 mids and Tang Band 6x9 subs. In a nutshell, it's awesome, and I'm never gonna use passives again :)

Go here (http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?WebPage_ID=30) to check out lots of speakers. Partsexpress is a great company, and I've never had a problem with them.

While going active is more difficult to do, because of all the tweaking and different channels of amplification, it's certainly worth it.

Hoodlum007
11-17-2006, 02:41 PM
The MB tweets are way to harsh for my ears. i love silky smooth teetz.

Hoodlum007
11-17-2006, 02:42 PM
I have been kind of bent on CDT for my components, and m friend suggested I look around and see what other companies have to offer. I have looked at JLs XR 653, and some Focal. I didnt really like either of them because of the metal tweeters and it will be to harsh for my tastes. I listen to alot of vocals, mainly female (high soprano). Because of this I want to go with a silk dome tweeter. Does anyone have any suggestions that I could look at and possibly hear?

Sent ya a PM :)

Towncar
11-17-2006, 03:26 PM

Going active easily tames the mb quart tweets.

Towncar
11-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Go active.

x2, you can get much better sound than anything cdt has to offer with a diy set.

jmanpc
11-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Going active easily tames the mb quart tweets.

it really does. I can make them as loud or as quiet as I please. right now, they're silky smooth :)

jmanpc
11-17-2006, 03:37 PM

i love teets, too. :*******: