PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question on 3 ways vs. 4 ways

oneflatoniakid
11-17-2006, 02:16 AM
Just wondering , I have two new sets of speakers & will be installing one pair in the door of my Mustang.
Both are 6 1/2 inch in size, but one pair is three ways & the other are four ways.
The magnets on both pair are 10 ounce each.
My question is , is there a big difference in sound quality between three way vs. four ways ?

jmanpc
11-17-2006, 02:21 AM
anything over 2-ways is just a scam and makes no difference.

oneflatoniakid
11-17-2006, 02:29 AM
anything over 2-ways is just a scam and makes no difference.
Yeah, I have a nice pair of tweeters up front now,but I blew a speaker this past weekend & got to install a new pair of door speakers.:(

Johnny Drama
11-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Usually a good 2 way co-axil will be better built then a 3, 4, or even 5 way. It really just a marketing scheme. Listen to both and decide which ones you like better. If you get money later on try and upgrade to a componet set and small amp to push them.

G00SE
11-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Ya if your buying a co-axil dont bother goin higher then 2-way. If its component a good 3-way can be better then a 2-way.

heyman421
11-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Then again, a good 2-way coaxial can be better than even a 3-way component setup.

what equipment is this, exactly?

2-way vs. 3-way vs 4-way doesn't mean jack if we're comparing pyramids to diamonds

reneeb7363
11-17-2006, 09:19 PM
if all you are going to do is ***** about my invasion of your male dominated world, I kindly ask that you....STFU you small minded, ignorant LITTLE BOY's and go on your sexually frustrated way... please, **** off!

thank you to the MEN that actually helped and didnt complain about a female in the forum. Kudo's to Mike. You're the BEST! Later...

squeak9798
11-17-2006, 09:22 PM
My question is , is there a big difference in sound quality between three way vs. four ways ?

Read the sticky;

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=767530&postcount=2

Hoodlum007
11-17-2006, 09:55 PM
What brand are they? i have used the pioneer 4 ways and the 2 ways in 6.5" coax and i barely noticed any differance in treb.

oneflatoniakid
11-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Usually a good 2 way co-axil will be better built then a 3, 4, or even 5 way. It really just a marketing scheme. Listen to both and decide which ones you like better. If you get money later on try and upgrade to a componet set and small amp to push them.
Thanks for the info, I took my car to my friends shop to have the speakers installed & we ran into a problem.
The new speakers kept grounding out on the metal door frame , so he had some Alpine 3 ways , that he installed that fitted & works great.
He has been doing my car audio work for over 18 years & I send him customers often.
He sold the new Alpines to me for thirty dollars, brand new.
He said they were a model of Alpines that were discontiued earlier this year, but they sound great !
I took the other speaker back & got a full refund.
Thanks for everyone help, you guys know a lot !:)