PDA

View Full Version : redlinese-r Netural feedback...i guess

VIPER118
11-16-2006, 09:08 PM
this is not positive feedback nor a "buyer beware" but here is the rundown. Paid $500 for a memphis belle in "100% working and cosmetic condition" got the amp and it did not work, right out of the box onto my test bench,did not work. The amp was as described as far as looks though. He did however, stay in contact but when asked for even just a $100 refund, he would not...which i can understand i guess... either way... i got screwed...
Thanks redlinese-r!;)

redlinese-r
11-16-2006, 10:05 PM
sorry about that, but as with car audio electronics, especially amplifiers, it can be very easy to screw up the install, even powering them up to test, and with this amplifier, you'd have to look closely at the pos. and neg. inputs to differentiate the two as it is labeled on a reflective surface:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid214/p8e1dc87bfedda6f60cebca182336970e/ed15788b.jpg
This amplifier worked perfect while in my possession, which was only removed b/c i did not have a subwoofer to power and i needed the money for Christmas. Now if i had installed the amplifier for you and blew it, i would not hesitate to either refund you the money or offer to get it fixed, but you live 500+ miles from me and i have no idea what could have happened to it. Even if you had been doing installs for years, does not mean mistakes do not happen. Again, sorry.

VIPER118
11-16-2006, 11:52 PM
sorry about that, but as with car audio electronics, especially amplifiers, it can be very easy to screw up the install, even powering them up to test, and with this amplifier, you'd have to look closely at the pos. and neg. inputs to differentiate the two as it is labeled on a reflective surface:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid214/p8e1dc87bfedda6f60cebca182336970e/ed15788b.jpg
This amplifier worked perfect while in my possession, which was only removed b/c i did not have a subwoofer to power and i needed the money for Christmas. Now if i had installed the amplifier for you and blew it, i would not hesitate to either refund you the money or offer to get it fixed, but you live 500+ miles from me and i have no idea what could have happened to it. Even if you had been doing installs for years, does not mean mistakes do not happen. Again, sorry.

yeah..ok:uhoh:

Johnny Drama
11-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Sounds like ups or fedex may have dropped it too hard. Since that is the case, Viper...ask for the shipper to file a claim, it is his responcibility. Next you have two options...

1)send the amp off. If they say (the input board is lose, which happened to my 1000d during shipping), Red should help you pay for the fix. Half seems reasonable. If its burnt...be a man and either let it go if you did it or work it out with Red.

2)file a paypal claim and state that item is "not as described" state that you were to get a working flawless amp and you got a paperweight. You might get some money back.

Red, for you to simply state that is not your problem is false. You made a guarantee and all sources point tword you being in the wrong.

VIPER118
11-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Sounds like ups or fedex may have dropped it too hard. Since that is the case, Viper...ask for the shipper to file a claim, it is his responcibility. Next you have two options...

1)send the amp off. If they say (the input board is lose, which happened to my 1000d during shipping), Red should help you pay for the fix. Half seems reasonable. If its burnt...be a man and either let it go if you did it or work it out with Red.

2)file a paypal claim and state that item is "not as described" state that you were to get a working flawless amp and you got a paperweight. You might get some money back.

Red, for you to simply state that is not your problem is false. You made a guarantee and all sources point tword you being in the wrong.
thank you i have been talking with UPS already about filing a claim... but most people know that its kinda a joke to file a claim with them.....i would rather just work it out directly with him rather than file a paypal claim...but it seems thats may be my only choice...

scarolinablazin
11-17-2006, 10:55 AM
file paypal. then he`ll be more willing to work it out i`m sure.

iceteebone
11-17-2006, 11:33 AM
thank you i have been talking with UPS already about filing a claim... but most people know that its kinda a joke to file a claim with them.....i would rather just work it out directly with him rather than file a paypal claim...but it seems thats may be my only choice...

i never had a problem filing a claim with ups. only had to it twice and both times i got the money back within 3-4 weeks. they also refunded me retail price instead of the price i insured it for.