PDA

View Full Version : Running components full range with no hi pass

tbonephile
11-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I have a set of A/D/S 346cs that I got for cheap on ebay. The quality is amazing along with the detail of the sound and not bright at all. I am driving these off a Audison LRx.4.300 which is 65x4. I only have fronts and no rear speakers and I have a 10W7 off an Audison LRx.1.400 I am currently running the A/D/S off only the front channels with hi-pass crossover set to 70hz.

My question is I know I can bridge the 4 channels into 2x210 however I'll lose the use of my built in hi pass crossover if I do that. Has anyone run components full-range? Right now their crossed over around 70, when I lowered that number to 40 I didn't notice much of a difference, will that also be true for running full-range?

squeak9798
11-16-2006, 07:31 PM
I have a set of A/D/S 346cs that I got for cheap on ebay. The quality is amazing along with the detail of the sound and not bright at all. I am driving these off a Audison LRx.4.300 which is 65x4. I only have fronts and no rear speakers and I have a 10W7 off an Audison LRx.1.400 I am currently running the A/D/S off only the front channels with hi-pass crossover set to 70hz.

My question is I know I can bridge the 4 channels into 2x210 however I'll lose the use of my built in hi pass crossover if I do that. Has anyone run components full-range? Right now their crossed over around 70, when I lowered that number to 40 I didn't notice much of a difference, will that also be true for running full-range?

I would highly advise against it as you would then run a HUGE risk of mechanically damaging the speakers...especially since you would be dramatically increasing the power they are receiving.

I'm not familiar with that amplifier's settings off hand....why does the highpass filter no longer function if you bridge the amplifier ?

But no...you really do not want to run them full range, especially with a potential 200w+ per side.

iyamwutiam
11-18-2006, 01:17 AM
Bulid yourself some passives - or spend 50 bux and have madison do it for you. Squeak is right - don't screw up your speakers -even though you got a great deal on them.

Big Dee
11-18-2006, 02:19 AM
I ran some Type-Rs full range on accident and I ended up blowing them shortly after. I had them at almost full volume and I hit the "powerful" button on accident trying to change songs. I was already in the process of replacing them though so I didn't care.

Moral - Use a x-over.