PDA

View Full Version : Jensen Touch screen????

BadAndy44
11-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Ok basically I really want a flip screen and am on a very tight budget.... Id really love to get a Flip screen but dont really have the funding but have been looking at this jensen VM9311TS.... Yea yea its jensen I know but it looks pretty decent and I hear they are getting there stuff togethor and coming out with some decent products. Another question is I dont really want to lose my sound I have now. I have an older pioneer deck but it is powerful and that is what I am using for my front stage. With this decrease my sound alot and also does anyone have any reviews of this dvd flip screen?

heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120052987193&rd=1,1

dvrmstrng
11-16-2006, 04:22 PM
:search:

ramos
11-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Had one for about a half an hour, before I traded it . I later installed it for the guy . He seems happy with it . Didn't look to bad :)

seth350
11-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Doesnt look like a bad flip out for the money.

pitbull12888
11-16-2006, 04:46 PM
theres been mixed reviews about these on here.. some people say they work pretty good and some say they **** and they had nuttin but problems with it...

BadAndy44
11-16-2006, 05:10 PM
:search:

I did!!!!! I found good info just wanted somemore. Anyways I might get it but I really want to know if its going to hurt my preformace of the speakers!!!! Looking for first hand experience.

Randy Savage
11-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Good picture quality, poor mechanical quality- had a decent amount of problems with buttons falling off, knobs breaking, etc.

Can't beat the picture for the money, however.

BadAndy44
11-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Good picture quality, poor mechanical quality- had a decent amount of problems with buttons falling off, knobs breaking, etc.

Can't beat the picture for the money, however.

Yea I wouldnt be mashing the buttons to hard.... I like to take care of my things.

Randy Savage
11-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Then I'd say for the money it can't be beat.

You'll be surprised with the DVD picture on it...very nice screen.

BadAndy44
11-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Then I'd say for the money it can't be beat.

You'll be surprised with the DVD picture on it...very nice screen.

have you actually seen one? I think its a pretty good deal I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Randy Savage
11-16-2006, 05:24 PM
have you actually seen one? I think its a pretty good deal I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

I've installed a few of the 9311TS's...I've used that one, the 9410/11, and 9510/11

All of them have a great screen.

pitbull12888
11-16-2006, 05:24 PM
if you want a screen your not goin to beat that for the price.. does it have a warranty?

BadAndy44
11-16-2006, 05:36 PM
if you want a screen your not goin to beat that for the price.. does it have a warranty?

There is like a 3 year ebay warranty for liike 35 bucks other then that not really sure. Kind of worried about that but if it for some reason breaks I am confident in my electronic skills to fix it.

BadAndy44
11-16-2006, 05:38 PM
I've installed a few of the 9311TS's...I've used that one, the 9410/11, and 9510/11

All of them have a great screen.

Did they affect the sound quality at all or was there no diffrenece?

Randy Savage
11-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Did they affect the sound quality at all or was there no diffrenece?

I don't remember swapping them in place of an aftermarket HU...and if I did, I didn't really listen to it...sorry.

reneeb7363
11-16-2006, 05:47 PM
fingerprints FTL! gotta keep the screen clean....

quick test: how much trash is on the floor of your car? How many pop cans are laying around? How many napkins and food wrappers in your map pockets?

If you answered with more than "NONE" a touch screen is probably not the right choice for you. YOU MUST keep the screen clean or suffer the consequences.

BadAndy44
11-16-2006, 05:50 PM
fingerprints FTL! gotta keep the screen clean....

quick test: how much trash is on the floor of your car? How many pop cans are laying around? How many napkins and food wrappers in your map pockets?

If you answered with more than "NONE" a touch screen is probably not the right choice for you. YOU MUST keep the screen clean or suffer the consequences.

screen protector FTW!!!! My car is pretty clean but the whole touching the screen affect is what I am looking for...

edit.... O yea there is 1 year warranty from factory... on this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JENSEN-VM9311TS-7-LCD-TFT-Car-DVD-CD-MP3-Player_W0QQitemZ220047670446QQihZ012QQcategoryZ328 25QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jmanpc
11-16-2006, 05:51 PM
I have pretty much the same thing, except its Audiovox (they own Jensen), and it's not a touch screen. It's probably one of the cheapest flipouts on the market, but I can honestly say it's met or exceeded all of my expectations of it. It's got a very sharp screen, it's easy to navigate through its menus, it doesn't look corny (well some of the displays on the Jensen units do, the audiovox doesn't :D) But for the price, it's a very full-featured, solid performer.

BadAndy44
11-16-2006, 06:00 PM
I have pretty much the same thing, except its Audiovox (they own Jensen), and it's not a touch screen. It's probably one of the cheapest flipouts on the market, but I can honestly say it's met or exceeded all of my expectations of it. It's got a very sharp screen, it's easy to navigate through its menus, it doesn't look corny (well some of the displays on the Jensen units do, the audiovox doesn't :D) But for the price, it's a very full-featured, solid performer.

How much more was your screen??? I have heard about them taking over jensen and putting a stop to the crappy products of jensen. This is the only product I would ever buy from them since I am on a budget but wouldnt do that for like subs...

hatemonger
11-16-2006, 06:16 PM
decent for the money. really nice picture.

jmanpc
11-16-2006, 06:20 PM
How much more was your screen??? I have heard about them taking over jensen and putting a stop to the crappy products of jensen. This is the only product I would ever buy from them since I am on a budget but wouldnt do that for like subs...

audiovox aint exactly high quality either....

but I got it in a trade for my 9855. i dont regret it one bit.

BadAndy44
11-16-2006, 06:25 PM
audiovox aint exactly high quality either....

but I got it in a trade for my 9855. i dont regret it one bit.

Sweet... I have pretty much made up my mind but would like few more comments. Thanks

BoondockSaints
11-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Could go with a carputer, its what... 1000 to build one? But you get touch screen, GPS, internet in some cases, hard drive with all of your music and movies on it, its all really cool. I just started looking into it, considering it myself.

BadAndy44
11-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Could go with a carputer, its what... 1000 to build one? But you get touch screen, GPS, internet in some cases, hard drive with all of your music and movies on it, its all really cool. I just started looking into it, considering it myself.

Meh.... I could probly do that but not what I am looking for yet.

BoondockSaints
11-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Whatever works for you man, I saw the Jensen, for the price doesnt seem bad at all.

BassAddictJ
11-16-2006, 08:39 PM
the jensen flip out i got was a total piece of ****/waste of money....it was th something 9410 7inch indash....it broke down, had crappy sq, and was a waste...im lucky i managed toget half of what i spent on it when i sold it, and the pawn shop didnt even know about all the **** wrong with it.....i doubt jensen has fixed those problems in thier newer decks...save up another 100 bucks and get anythingbut jensen man, trust me...

BadAndy44
11-27-2006, 08:06 PM
the jensen flip out i got was a total piece of ****/waste of money....it was th something 9410 7inch indash....it broke down, had crappy sq, and was a waste...im lucky i managed toget half of what i spent on it when i sold it, and the pawn shop didnt even know about all the **** wrong with it.....i doubt jensen has fixed those problems in thier newer decks...save up another 100 bucks and get anythingbut jensen man, trust me...

I have another idea. I am thinking about going to wal mart buying there jensen and if I dont like it or it breaks I bring it back.... OR I like it then I keep it. Also like within like the next year or so if it breaks I take it back and complain and they give me refund. So even though its like 40 or so bucks more exspensive then ebay its basically a great warranty and you dont have to worry about it. So I am going to go down to wal mart see how much they are and probly pick one up.

99StangGt
11-27-2006, 09:50 PM
I bought that jensen from walmart when I was waiting for a deck, I use walmart for loaners. The deck worked 4 hours then started screwing up. The screen would go in and out by itself. The touch screen only half worked, somethings wouldnt work. I dont recommend it but maybe I got a bad one.

02parkave
11-28-2006, 11:07 AM
i had one- it ******. picture was really nice, but everything else ******. sq ****** bad, it has a sub controll, but the seperate bass control feature was not independant from the sub control (i.e.- turn the sub control to lets say-2 then turn the bass setting up and listen to your subs still get louder) the right button broke off with only a light touch (the stalks they sit on are REALLY thin) and when the unit was hot if you took a cd out, and put a different one in, it wouldnt read it. all in all, i was dissatisfied with everything except the screen quality.

bimmeracer
11-28-2006, 03:04 PM
with this unit is it possible to seperate the sound and video. I was wondering because i have a carputer and would like to be able to pic what i want to listen to and hear at the same time.