PDA

View Full Version : which "cheap" speakers

rockcrusher
11-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Hello. I just joined and have found this site to be fantastic. I only wish had the money and knowledge to use some of the equipment you guys talk about. Right now I have a 2000 altima SE with stock equipment and all I can afford to do is change out the speakers.
All I'm looking for is something better than stock - nothing fancy. We're talking Wal-mart stuff, which brings me to my questions:

1. Which is better, cheap sony, cheap pioneer, or cheap Lightning Audio?
(I'm leaning towards the Lightnning audio because I've heard that a lower sensitivity number is best with a low powered oem system and their number is 89 vs 92 or 92 on the others.
2. Any tips on making the job smoother. I'm doing door and rear deck. I've watched others change speakers in the distant past and it didn't look to difficult but I ain't the brightest lightbulb in the house either when it comes to this stuff!
3. There are factory tweeters in the door already - anthing special I need to know about making sure these still work with the new speakers?

From lurking on this site for awhile today, I know you guts are way out of my league but I would be grateful if you would help a poor idiot out!
Thanks,
rockcrusher

hatemonger
11-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Hello. I just joined and have found this site to be fantastic. I only wish had the money and knowledge to use some of the equipment you guys talk about. Right now I have a 2000 altima SE with stock equipment and all I can afford to do is change out the speakers.
All I'm looking for is something better than stock - nothing fancy. We're talking Wal-mart stuff, which brings me to my questions:

(I'm leaning towards the Lightnning audio because I've heard that a lower sensitivity number is best with a low powered oem system and their number is 89 vs 92 or 92 on the others.
2. Any tips on making the job smoother. I'm doing door and rear deck. I've watched others change speakers in the distant past and it didn't look to difficult but I ain't the brightest lightbulb in the house either when it comes to this stuff!
3. There are factory tweeters in the door already - anthing special I need to know about making sure these still work with the new speakers?

From lurking on this site for awhile today, I know you guts are way out of my league but I would be grateful if you would help a poor idiot out!
Thanks,
rockcrusher

does your car have the bose factory system in it?

maldecido33
11-16-2006, 01:00 PM
if ur gonna replace cheap stock speakers with cheap ****** speakers, you mught as well wait a month, save up a little more, and just get something decent. otherwise, it's just like wasting ur money and a month down the road you'll wish you had gotten something a little nicer.

rockcrusher
11-16-2006, 01:22 PM
no

rockcrusher
11-16-2006, 01:28 PM
I know what you're saying, but here's the deal. I've started my on sales consulting business and money is tight. Also, by spring 2007 I hope to have a new ride anyway. I just want something to get me by until I get rid of the car and at the same time sound at least a little better that stock. ( a couple of the speakers sound "busted" at higher volumes, so I gotta do something).
Thanks for your reply,
rockcrusher

pitbull12888
11-16-2006, 01:29 PM

Thanks,
rockcrusher

My dad bought some cheap 3.5/4" ? lighting audio speakers from walmart for his motorcycle and there pretty fuc*ing loud.. he's had them for prolly 8 months now and they still sound new....

iceteebone
11-16-2006, 05:41 PM
I know what you're saying, but here's the deal. I've started my on sales consulting business and money is tight. Also, by spring 2007 I hope to have a new ride anyway. I just want something to get me by until I get rid of the car and at the same time sound at least a little better that stock. ( a couple of the speakers sound "busted" at higher volumes, so I gotta do something).
Thanks for your reply,
rockcrusher

probably because the volume is too high and the radio is clipping, not sure cheap aftermarket speakers will do much better