PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recommend installers in the Orange County/South Orange County area?

Latina33
11-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Anyone have any recommendations for any local shops that are honest, give fair prices, and care about the finished product of their installs? Not really looking for a top-notch install shop, more of a "blue collar" type of place.

Any suggestions?

Kenny Pollock
11-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Edit: nvm, you changed your location in profile.. I thought you were referring to Orange County in Florida.

Latina33
11-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Ohh, thanks! I just moved out to CA a little over a week ago.

Anyone have any recommendations?

danteBirosel
11-15-2006, 11:21 PM
What kind of install are you looking for?

Latina33
11-16-2006, 01:10 PM
What kind of install are you looking for?

I'd like to swap out my components, and my 4 channel amp to a more powerful one that I've got.

I might want to take a 4 channel amp and bridge it to my 12", also....still not sure if that's a good idea. I've already got a 4 channel that would do well for bridging to the sub, and I don't want to spend $200 on a 2 channel or mono amp right now.

wired4sound
11-16-2006, 06:29 PM
being an australian and don't know really much about the good store's over there but you could try an Al & Ed's and i've been reading US car audio forums for some time and i heard that you should go to one store called Audio Dreams in orange.

Dephect
11-16-2006, 08:14 PM
pro auto sound #2 does a great job.

Latina33
11-17-2006, 01:40 PM
pro auto sound #2 does a great job.

Thanks man! I'll probably give them a call, because Best Buy *****!!

Rochambeau
11-17-2006, 02:49 PM
In your neck of the woods, you can't go wrong with SpeakerWorks. They aren't the cheapest but I wouldn't say they are terribly outrageous or anything.

They are on Main St. in Orange.

camry_tuner
12-06-2006, 05:22 AM
speakerworks is pretty cool, i spoke to the managers before, seemed like really nice people, but hit up tuan, he works at a shop in garden grove he'll hook u up, pm toxic tuan

heres the website: http://www.advancedcarcreations.com/main.htm

troy_audi0
01-23-2007, 02:13 AM
Id Go to Beach Auto Sound If You Want Highend Work & Sales
Great Guys Tom Is The Head Dude.. Great Guy & Has a Killer Ear
Its on Beach & Talbert Just West Of Knotts Berry Farm (In Hunington Beach)
Iv been out of the area for some time but I love to stop by that shop..
peace troy

Toxic Tuan
03-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Swing by Advanced Car Creations, I'll take care of you.

tuan

erverGUDO
09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
pacific sterio they a do a good also they have many stores

Toxic Tuan
03-31-2008, 06:18 AM
pacific sterio they a do a good also they have many stores

Have you read their Better Business Bureau Report?

A whole lot of complaints.

Golden Ears
04-17-2013, 11:39 PM
I have heard some vey nicely installed systems that were tuned well with very high quality gear at JT audio. I have not seen or heard everyones installers, but so far he would be my first choice. His pricing is fair, and I find him to be generous with his time and skills with others, with absolutely no condescending attitude at all, despite knowing a lot about audio to get cars to sound as accurate as they do.

Beach Auto sound has great amps , Tom , the owner has been in every time I have come by and is friendly. They carry Butler and Tru amps, I have only heard one of their installs in the store car, I think it was an Japanese car, with excellent Dynaudio 430 Midranges. At the time the car was not sounding as accurate as it could have, but it might have been between installs. He is supportive of the local audio scene.

Finding a good installer that does clean work at a reasonable price in a timely profssional manner..whose installs come out sending accurate...well that's a rare find...and there seems to be a wait for these people.

Not at all local, but Bing has a new store with a grand opening called Simplicity in Sound in the SF area. He does very high quality floor installs which are well detailed in DIYMA he has a system tuner in SoCal. If I lived closer to him and had the extra scratch he would have already done my car over a year ago before I even met JT. With a new shop he might not have a long wait list.

Now I know this thread is sooooooo old...like 5 years...Bt people still search for stuff and hit it, so I figured this might close it.

I heard a lot of JTs installs and I haven't heard a bad one yet...which I have to say...that's pretty amazing. The line forms to the left.

garretttt4
04-18-2013, 12:26 AM
I have heard some vey nicely installed systems that were tuned well with very high quality gear at JT audio. I have not seen or heard everyones installers, but so far he would be my first choice. His pricing is fair, and I find him to be generous with his time and skills with others, with absolutely no condescending attitude at all, despite knowing a lot about audio to get cars to sound as accurate as they do.

Beach Auto sound has great amps , Tom , the owner has been in every time I have come by and is friendly. They carry Butler and Tru amps, I have only heard one of their installs in the store car, I think it was an Japanese car, with excellent Dynaudio 430 Midranges. At the time the car was not sounding as accurate as it could have, but it might have been between installs. He is supportive of the local audio scene.

Finding a good installer that does clean work at a reasonable price in a timely profssional manner..whose installs come out sending accurate...well that's a rare find...and there seems to be a wait for these people.

Not at all local, but Bing has a new store with a grand opening called Simplicity in Sound in the SF area. He does very high quality floor installs which are well detailed in DIYMA he has a system tuner in SoCal. If I lived closer to him and had the extra scratch he would have already done my car over a year ago before I even met JT. With a new shop he might not have a long wait list.

Now I know this thread is sooooooo old...like 5 years...Bt people still search for stuff and hit it, so I figured this might close it.

I heard a lot of JTs installs and I haven't heard a bad one yet...which I have to say...that's pretty amazing. The line forms to the left.

This thread is so old. Lol

Silverado SS
04-18-2013, 12:48 AM
How did you even find this thread?

fly_marlin
05-06-2014, 01:41 AM
I don't live close to the shop that I go to, but it's been highly recommended to me at another forum I was on years ago. This place is called OB Audio in Ontario, CA. It's run by a couple of guys. One of them is Chad and that's who I personally deal with. I wouldn't say they're cheap, but they're fair. They do a great job and take their time. I know other guys who do competitions have also recommended them. I've been there for my complete install - comps, 2 amps, subs. I always bring my own equipment, right down to the wiring and they have no problem with it. They used to deal a lot of Memphis stuff. Now I know they are Arc and Hertz, Audison dealers, and some other stuff. Chad also built me a custom box for my TC woofers, it sounds awesome. I'm going back this weekend to upgrade my system. My best friend has also been there twice - only top notch work. I think they have a few good reviews on yelp.