PDA

View Full Version : Just Fell In Love

Lincoln LS
11-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Just got back from Tweeter to check out some Focals. I listened to a pair of 165V2's along with a 10" W7. Man I was impressed. I need to have them. Does anyone know where I can find them for cheap money? I saw them at woofersetc.com for $299, but is there anywhere cheaper? The W7 is coming after the Focals too.

DejaWiz
11-14-2006, 04:02 PM
I think they are going to be about the cheapest you'll find that you'd feel comfortable ordering from.

DoobieBrother
11-14-2006, 04:10 PM
ROE has the Focals. And there's a guy that regularly sells them on eBay that a few on here have had good luck with. I got lucky and bought a nearly new pair from another member on this site. (JOEK86)

This is the eBay guy... http://cgi.ebay.com/FOCAL-165V2-POLYGLASS-6-5-COMPONENT-SET-165V2S-NEW-06_W0QQitemZ280047168476QQihZ018QQcategoryZ32819QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

DejaWiz
11-14-2006, 04:18 PM
^ I've heard good things about that seller.

computerparts
11-14-2006, 06:27 PM
They are a nice set. I'd check on ebay.

Megalomaniac
11-14-2006, 06:30 PM
arent the rooms at tweeter acousticaly enhanced?

PremierAudio
11-14-2006, 06:35 PM
^ Yeah they are. But so is every sound studio that you go to. Everything is tuned almost perfectly to that room. So that is why everyone says to bring in your favorite cds, so you can kind of compare what they might sound like in your car, even though it will almost always be completely different.

Lincoln LS
11-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the replies. I listen to a lot of hard rock/heavy metal, do you know how they would sound with that type of music? Next time I hit Tweeter, I'll have to bring a cd like Premier said.

PremierAudio
11-14-2006, 11:09 PM
They are very detailed speakers. I assume you like to listen to double kick drums, crazy guitar riffs? What type of music do you listen to, I should actually ask? They are very accurate on the drums and bass lines are pretty smooth. Its hard to descirbe untill you actually listen to them.

Lincoln LS
11-15-2006, 08:39 AM
I listen to Dry Kill Logic, Reveille, stuff like that. Just like you said, crunchy guitar riffs, some double bass, etc...I have Infinity Kappa coaxials now, and they are a bit harsh at times without the detail it seemed that the Focals had. I've read some other threads stating the Focals are harsh as well. I was also thinking CDT's due to the silk tweeter, but there's probably no way I could listen to them prior to purchasing them.

PremierAudio
11-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Have you at all looked into the CDT HD62ise? It is the hd set with the modular tweeter. Comes with three different types of tweeters, silk, aluminum, and titanium. I used to run these and loved how I was able to swap out the tweeters almost instantly. I found the aluminum to be a good comprimise between the to. I listen to a lot of Tool, A perfect circle, Crandle of Filth, Dimmu, stuff like that, so taste is similar. Focals, are nice speakers and can be harsh at times depending on install and taste. But sound like you may be happy with the HDise's. It would give you the ability to really find what tweeter suits you best.

Lincoln LS
11-15-2006, 09:38 AM
I thought about CDT's, I know woofersetc always has some sort of good deal on them. Bacially I'm looking for something that handles a decent amount of power and sounds good doing it. I don't want to scream in pain if I turn it up. I want these next set of speakers to last a while too, so I'd like to get a decent pair.