PDA

View Full Version : System Design Questions

CanadianDream
11-14-2006, 01:23 AM
Okay guys, sorry to ask such simple questions. Spent some time searching and reading, and confused. So essentially, I have a 5 channel amp (75x4 rms, 400rmsx1), a set of 6.5" RF components up front. Now options:

1. MB Quart 10" Premium sub (beautiful sounding sub, can take the 400w rms)
2. Pioneer 2 ways 6.5"

So wondering:

1. Is it better just to turn the gain down, and use the Pioneer speakers as rear fill?

2. Putting a couple of 8" mid-bass drivers (AA, mach5) in the rear (would this ruin the sound stage?), and still run the MB quart sub.

3. Possibly put the 8" mid bass in the front doors, with the RF components in kicks.

Would I get a lot interference if ran the 2 mid-bass 8's and the 10" sub? (or if properly passively cross-overed I would be okay)

4. Finally, forget the MB Quart sub, and using a couple RE-8's in the rear speaker spot (fiberglass ported enclosure). Then what to do with the extra 2 channels from the amp.

Ideas, thoughts, questions greatly appreciated.

jmanpc
11-14-2006, 01:25 AM
heres what i suggest:

Do the components up front, and definately get midbass up there. I recently did a 3-way setup in my van and it's incredible. You can run the pioneers in your rear deck off deck power if you really want em, although I wouldnt use em.

I love MB Quarts' subs. They sound great.

CanadianDream
11-14-2006, 03:29 AM
Hey thanks for the input man. Agree the MB quart sub is amazing...still trying to track down another after mine got stolen.

The 8" driver in the door might not work with mounting depth. Possibly switch to 6.5" mid-bass but haven't really look at any for quality, etc. Also no idea how adding a new mid-bass driver with a sepearte company's component mid-range/tweeter would work out.

CanadianDream
11-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Anyone else?? Help! :)

CanadianDream
11-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Hey guys, okay getting a number of views and no replies. Am I asking the wrong questions? Is it to subjective to answer? Do I just need to read more? Any input is appreciated.