PDA

View Full Version : What speakers???

ktslayer55
11-14-2006, 12:39 AM
I need some help picking speakers. I want a 6.5 comp set that for now will be run passive. I want strong midbass, with deep response. I want my front stage to play loud and clear to keep up with my sub. I have 1 AA avalanche 12 in a rear horn box. I'm leaning towards Oz audio Matrix elite 180 or rainbow 265 cmx kick. Let me know your thoughts! Also are the cmx's close in sound to the Germanium's or is there a world of difference?

springy101
11-14-2006, 12:47 AM
crystal ssc6s i think they are called

2000LaDe
11-14-2006, 12:49 AM
CDT ES 7.2 Gold with Upstage.

thats what im running and it sounds amazing in the vehicle and 300 ft away. arent cheap t hats for sure.

ktslayer55
11-14-2006, 07:31 AM
Well i don't really want to spend over 350

PremierAudio
11-14-2006, 08:54 AM
First off, how much power are you going to be giving them? Just some general feedback. The rainbows have great kick bass, so do crystals. I just picked up a set of crystals to see what all the fuss was about and they are actually pretty good speakers. I do like the rainbows a little better though. The tweet seems to blend better with the mids and the midbass is more prominent and detailed in the rainbows also.

jeeper07
11-14-2006, 08:55 AM
ive got some cdt hd 62s for sale if ur interested... they are brand new in the plastic still

Notwerk
11-14-2006, 03:41 PM
The OZes are great speakers, no doubt, but they're known more for their neutrality and smoothness than loudness, I suppose.

Rainbow might be more up your alley, but I say this without really knowing what your preference is.

Have you done any listening around? Heard anything you like, anything you dislike?

ktslayer55
11-14-2006, 10:54 PM
First off, how much power are you going to be giving them? Just some general feedback. The rainbows have great kick bass, so do crystals. I just picked up a set of crystals to see what all the fuss was about and they are actually pretty good speakers. I do like the rainbows a little better though. The tweet seems to blend better with the mids and the midbass is more prominent and detailed in the rainbows also.

power is not too much of an issue but i was planning on 200w or less i don't have an amp yet because i want the speakers first.

ktslayer55
11-14-2006, 10:57 PM
The OZes are great speakers, no doubt, but they're known more for their neutrality and smoothness than loudness, I suppose.

Rainbow might be more up your alley, but I say this without really knowing what your preference is.

Have you done any listening around? Heard anything you like, anything you dislike?

not lately, the only dealer near me sells eclispe, memphis, kenwood, and Boston. don't like any of them really.