PDA

View Full Version : First box build...this look right?

-DarkMatter-
11-13-2006, 05:06 PM
This is a build for 2 12"T112D2's(T1's). I'm goin to have to assemble the box in the trunk of a '02 Mustang, which should be a nice challenge.

Dimensions:
13.5"H x 34"W x 20"D
Using 3/4"MDF = 4.175 cubic feet

2 Rounded Ports: 4.5"Diam, 6.73"Length...tuned to 32Hz. Even though RF says 40Hz for the speaker, from what I read on these forums 32Hz seems to be a good tuning frequency. Person at RF though told me 2 4" round ports 9" in length for a tuning of 36Hz would sound good.

Its goin' to be a Rectangular shaped box with speakers facing towards the trunk. The ports will be in center top-inside corner besides each speaker facing trunk as well.

I need some input on whether or not those port calculations seem right, and would 32Hz work for these? The last box these T1's were in was in my old '99Stang and that was built for an old pair of MTX Thundercasts...think it was 3.2 or 3.7cuft but the same design. Since the T1's slammed in that box...just using same ports design. Cant transfer the box over to new Mustang...cause that was built in trunk as well.

Also cant you go Lowes or Home Depot and hand them them a design where they can cut out all the pieces of the box for a small fee?

Immacomputer
11-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Not enough port area; you're going to have a ton of port noise.

-DarkMatter-
11-14-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you mean... I should have bigger ports? What would you reccomend? Last box had 2 4" ports and was smaller...never had noticeable port noise in cab of car.