PDA

View Full Version : Kick Panels.

Pl8er
11-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Why is it so hard to find kick panels? Does anyone here specialize in making them? I need kicks for my 02 dodge Stratus and I have looked everywhere I can think of. I want to put 6.5 comps in them.

Any links or member names would help.

Thanks!

ngsm13
11-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Think of ALL the models of vehicles on the planet.

Now think of all the different speakers on the planet, including sizes, depths, etc.

Now think of all the different ways for aiming, and sizes, and all other variables when making them...

Yeah. Wonder why...

;)

nG

Pl8er
11-12-2006, 08:17 PM
LOL. Na, I understand why they are hard to find. But someone has to do it. I know if I wanted a sub design, or even one built there are about a dozen decent people on here. Never seem to find someone who does kicks. Even a generic type that could be mod'd would be good.

*ponders* I'm thinking I should start a company. Learn how to fiberglass then teach a few mexicans, I could be a millionare!

Pl8er
11-12-2006, 08:19 PM
You know..I meant that as a joke, but ****...I could really do that! I could design about 4-5 different "tops" and then make a connection (sliding plastic connector) to attach to specialized bottoms that were especially designed for the car that was requested.

hrmmm

pitbull12888
11-12-2006, 08:20 PM
did you look on ebay?

Pl8er
11-12-2006, 08:22 PM
did you look on ebay?

Aye, but I appreciate the idea :) I only seem to find OEM stuff not customized things. Maybe I'm searching wrong. I've tried kick panel, custom kick, enclosures. Dodge and then went from sub-catagories.

Still no luck. I just hate that I have to take my whole door panel off to change speakers and I had to mount my crossovers in the door too...which 1. isn't the best place and 2. really doesnt' do well with the moisture (had to build a special water barrier for them )

kicker06
11-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Everyone has to take their door panel off to mount speakers. If ya don't, then your not doing it right.

Pl8er
11-12-2006, 08:41 PM
My buddy has an older Honda, its just the cover that gets removed. SO much easier. I know that I would have to at least once to install the sound deadener, but now that I have done that I dont' want to pull everything apart. Actually I don't even want to mess with the door. I want to be able to quickly change out speakers. I like to swap, no garage though. Plus I don't want to spend 500 on a pair of speakers and then not have them fit because my darn window could hit it.