View Full Version : alpine cva_1005

11-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Yea i pick up this unit off ebay everything powers on fine i also got a dvd player and cd changer, one thing its not in my car yet, and i cannot get to video to come thru im trying to use the parking brake and brake sequence the alpine gives u
it brake hold, parking brake. then release the parking brake then put it back on and take off the brake, ecept it doesn't do anythink can anyone help me out

11-11-2006, 09:31 PM
You do have the wire hooked upto the parking brake, right?

11-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Well not really because the system is out of the car, but i did manage to figure it out, the parking brake needs to be hooked up to a ground, after i did that i worked fine.
Now theres another problem thou. The screen is worn out, it will go up sometimes, and somethimes it won't is there anything i can do to fix it, rebuild kit ext, The motor sits there and runs it just sounds like something is slipping

11-12-2006, 02:28 PM
u can send it to alpine to fix it... or take it to a local electronics repair place and tell them the problem, its likely the motor

11-13-2006, 01:09 AM
do u think u could get this kind of motor from a local shop or will i have to order straight from alpine, if alpine even makes them anymore