PDA

View Full Version : alpine cva_1005

Jimmyd_442
11-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Yea i pick up this unit off ebay everything powers on fine i also got a dvd player and cd changer, one thing its not in my car yet, and i cannot get to video to come thru im trying to use the parking brake and brake sequence the alpine gives u
it brake hold, parking brake. then release the parking brake then put it back on and take off the brake, ecept it doesn't do anythink can anyone help me out

Shyne151
11-11-2006, 08:31 PM
You do have the wire hooked upto the parking brake, right?

Jimmyd_442
11-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Well not really because the system is out of the car, but i did manage to figure it out, the parking brake needs to be hooked up to a ground, after i did that i worked fine.
Now theres another problem thou. The screen is worn out, it will go up sometimes, and somethimes it won't is there anything i can do to fix it, rebuild kit ext, The motor sits there and runs it just sounds like something is slipping

jeepintn
11-12-2006, 01:28 PM
u can send it to alpine to fix it... or take it to a local electronics repair place and tell them the problem, its likely the motor

Jimmyd_442
11-13-2006, 12:09 AM
do u think u could get this kind of motor from a local shop or will i have to order straight from alpine, if alpine even makes them anymore