PDA

View Full Version : I installed new 6x9's in a friends cobalt...help lol

krisfnbz
11-11-2006, 02:19 PM
They work and sound good, but we both made the mistake of mounting both 6x9's straight on top of the metal frame instead of using some type of gasket to eliminate the vibrations of the bass so you wont hear it rattle anymore. Any suggestions on what type of gasket we can use? Im trying to meet up with him in a bout an hour or so to fix this problem, because the speakers sound great, just not the **** vibrations!!!!1 anything is appreciated!!!!

Kris

Notwerk
11-12-2006, 04:24 AM
I prefer to mount to an MDF baffle (even if it's a thin half-inch one) and apply some sort of gasket where the speaker meets the baffle and the baffle meets the door. I use a closed-cell gasket material by Cascade, but you can probably get away with using the foam gasketing tape they sell at Home Depot or Lowes (Frost King, I think?).

Of course, that won't kill all the rattles. See the sound deadening sticky at the top of the thread listing to see what I mean.

pwnt by pat
11-12-2006, 04:29 AM
you put 'em in the headrests? pep-boys sells boxes you can put them on and put the boxes on the rear deck