PDA

View Full Version : Brahma 12" MklV

ace5high
11-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Wow everyone here seems to be really leaning on the side of ported enclosures? I like spl too but not at the expence of sounding "muddy"

My question is, I want an SQL box for my new Brahma 12" mk Iv. I was thinking about going sealed, but does ne one know if it would have good SQ in the right kind of ported box?

if so what kind?

Oh, BTW I listen to mostly Hard Rock, country, some techno. thought I mention No RAP since last time I took somones sugestion was for a Super big low end enclosure, which proved absolutly useless for my kind of music

Anyone have expirence with the new Brahmas?

skmfkr
11-11-2006, 02:59 PM
mid to high 30s are my fav and i listen to all kinds of music, mostly rap and rock tho, some rarely to play a techno in my truck. and i made a country cd of some songs i liked, but never really played it in my truck

carguy83
11-11-2006, 03:02 PM
if the new brahma's perform anything like their previous versions, i wouldn't worry about it being muddy in a ported enclosure. i had a brahma 12 mk1 for awhile until i got my sound splinter, and it was very accurate and musical sub. it was in a 2.5 cu ft ported box tuned to 28 hz. the sub was still very punchy.