PDA

View Full Version : check out new box in progress

snfsh79077
11-09-2006, 09:00 PM
new box for my single cab f150. its 4.1cuft with dimensions of 13x55x13 tuned at 33hz. tell me what you think and how it would sound with the subs being so far from the port and what i should change.6593 sorry for picture being so small but just click on it and it'll get bigger.

kickerlivinloud
11-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Looks good so far. The fact that the subs are on the opposite side of the box as the port doesn't hurt anything. I've built and ran 2 boxes with the subs far from the port. Quick question, how did you manage to get room for 13H x 13Deep??? The most I could get out of my single cab is 11 Deep and 8 high. Another idea might be to have the subs facing up and the port like you have it now. Personally I think it gives a lot better look to the box. I take it your putting the TSX 10's in there by your sig?? Should wang like crazy!!!!!!

Good luck with it..

Jon

80INCHES
11-09-2006, 09:11 PM
looks ok i would make that port bigger...more like 5 wide 30long(L-shaped port)
will tune that to 32hz

snfsh79077
11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
i have the seat pushed foward just enough to wear i can fit that 13 at the top with it pushing into the seat at the top of the box but the like my current box i have 1/4 of a 2 inch ring that pushes the sit in some and the subs dont rub but i might have to take you up on putting the subs on the top therefore i wouldnt i have to put my rings on it. thanx for the idea

kickerlivinloud
11-09-2006, 09:22 PM
i have the seat pushed foward just enough to wear i can fit that 13 at the top with it pushing into the seat at the top of the box but the like my current box i have 1/4 of a 2 inch ring that pushes the sit in some and the subs dont rub but i might have to take you up on putting the subs on the top therefore i wouldnt i have to put my rings on it. thanx for the idea

Yea, I take it your not overly tall?? Lucky!! I'm 6'3" so I can only put the seat up so far. For me the box isn't really a problem, its my amp rack which is stoping me from going back any farther. Owell, the price we pay, lol:p:

I'd also go with what 80 said, make that port a little bigger. I'm deffenetly glad I made mine bigger on my newest box.

Jon

snfsh79077
11-09-2006, 09:24 PM
i'm 5'11 and used to have my seat back alot farther but i got comfortable pretty quick when i changed it. ill make the port like he said and before i put the subs in ill put it in my truck and see if i want them on top or on the front.