PDA

View Full Version : HD Antena

jrr323
11-09-2006, 08:45 PM
im looking for a good high definition antenna for my tv. can any one recommend me one. i live in Los Angeles so theres allot of station giving over the air hd programs.

JimJ
11-10-2006, 12:49 AM
RadioShack sells a couple small VHF/UHF beam antennas that would work well. You probably don't need a big one as signal strengths are likely to be good, and you wouldn't want a directional antenna limiting the number of stations you can pick up.

#1 rule of thumb for good antenna results: install the thing up as high as you possibly can, and use good quality coax cable.

joetama
11-10-2006, 02:08 AM
RadioShack sells a couple small VHF/UHF beam antennas that would work well. You probably don't need a big one as signal strengths are likely to be good, and you wouldn't want a directional antenna limiting the number of stations you can pick up.

#1 rule of thumb for good antenna results: install the thing up as high as you possibly can, and use good quality coax cable.

I would agree with Jim there. The RadioShack ones aren't bad for the price there are better ones but they can range into some more money. The vertical distance is one of the most important things, get that baby up as high as you can RF works on line of sight. And, since you are in a heavy RF area a good quality COAX cable will be very important....