PDA

View Full Version : cdt or diamond audio

fruggy
11-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Ive been doing my research.Ive been searching the forums and everybody had nothing bad to say about these 2 speakers.Links. http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4609 and http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2711 I can only fit 5.25.What Im wondering is what are the real main differences between these 2 sets?Which one is more musical?I dont have the oppurtunity to listen to anything other than bb and cc,so i cant really decide.Thanks for the input.

Hoodlum007
11-09-2006, 08:20 PM
i used to run Diamond and now have the cdt cl comps in the 6.5" and i love the way the cdt's reproduce the music. They have a very detailed and natural sounding mid, very stong clean midbass and the tweeters are silk so they sound silky smooth even when i crank my system to full blast with out getting harsh. Go with the Cdts IMO!!

fruggy
11-09-2006, 08:45 PM
i used to run Diamond and now have the cdt cl comps in the 6.5" and i love the way the cdt's reproduce the music. They have a very detailed and natural sounding mid, very stong clean midbass and the tweeters are silk so they sound silky smooth even when i crank my system to full blast with out getting harsh. Go with the Cdts IMO!!

do you have the tw-25 tweeter?Also what was it about the diamond that you didnt like,how was the tweeter in the diamond?

ultimate157
11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
I have the CDT set (6.5's, 25 tweeter, link in sig). They sound great. The tweeter is PERFECt, not harsh, not weak. Midbass is also very tight.

djdilliodon
11-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Very close between the 2 but i would lean towards the diamonds. Spend 30 bux more for the EF's and then i would say get the cdt's.

fruggy
11-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Very close between the 2 but i would lean towards the diamonds. Spend 30 bux more for the EF's and then i would say get the cdt's.

Have you heard the diamonds?Im really looking for something that sounded similiar to my sscs6 set.

Beat_Dominator
11-09-2006, 10:22 PM
The D6's have great midbass. Better than the Hex's in my opinion. Haven't heard that exact CDT set :crap:

fruggy
11-09-2006, 10:25 PM
The D6's have great midbass. Better than the Hex's in my opinion. Haven't heard that exact CDT set :crap:

whats the tweeter like on the d6 the silk one?Thanks for the response.

Beat_Dominator
11-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Very smooth. You really cannot go wrong with either though. If you like a more detailed sound I'd go for the aluminum.

fruggy
11-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Very smooth. You really cannot go wrong with either though. If you like a more detailed sound I'd go for the aluminum.

ahh,see now I hate when This happens,I wish i could just go listen to them to see what tweeter I would like better.I liked the sscs6 sets aluminum tweeter.Is the aluminum on the d6 simliar?

Beat_Dominator
11-09-2006, 10:33 PM
eh, hard to tell. never had a side-by-side.

fruggy
11-09-2006, 10:41 PM
eh, hard to tell. never had a side-by-side.

Id probably just go with the silk to be safe.Ive heard that the sscs6 tweeter didnt sound like the majority of aluminum tweeters but sounded more like silk.And it was true It wasent harsh at all.

Hoodlum007
11-10-2006, 12:22 PM
IMO the diamond did not reproduce the music as clear and natural as the Cdt did and the tweeter was smoother and more detailed compared to the diamond even though both were silk.

One other issue you may want to keep in mind is that diamond company seems to be having problems and is being sold, my brother had sent in a hex mid for warranty and basically got screwed over by them because they told him they are in the middle of changing ownership.

fruggy
11-10-2006, 04:43 PM
IMO the diamond did not reproduce the music as clear and natural as the Cdt did and the tweeter was smoother and more detailed compared to the diamond even though both were silk.

One other issue you may want to keep in mind is that diamond company seems to be having problems and is being sold, my brother had sent in a hex mid for warranty and basically got screwed over by them because they told him they are in the middle of changing ownership.

thanks for the info man.Appreciate it.