PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs info on speaker/power selection

MishMash
11-09-2006, 10:11 AM
I just purchased and installed a Pioneer DEH-P47DH head unit for my Jeep Cherokee.
I am happy with the head unit for this particular vehicle. I want to purchase some new speakers but want to make sure they are matched power-wise.

The Head Unit Specs are:
Continuous power output is 22W per channel into 4 ohms.
Maximum power output is 45W x4.

I am planning on buying 4 Alpine 6012si Speakers.
They are rated @
Power Handling, RMS: 60 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 180 Watts

Is the head unit powerful enough to power these speakers?
I do not generally listen to music too loud but I don't want to underpower these speakers casuing any harm to them or head unit.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,
MishMash

DejaWiz
11-09-2006, 10:33 AM
The 6012si is an Infinity speaker, not Alpine. :p:

Pioneer REV's would be better. I've heard then at 22w per channel off a Pioneer HU and they sounded very decent. Check out OnlineCarStereo.com, WoofersEtc.com, and SonicElectronix.com for pricing.

phenryiv1
11-18-2006, 11:15 AM
I just purchased and installed a Pioneer DEH-P47DH head unit for my Jeep Cherokee.
I am happy with the head unit for this particular vehicle. I want to purchase some new speakers but want to make sure they are matched power-wise.

The Head Unit Specs are:
Continuous power output is 22W per channel into 4 ohms.
Maximum power output is 45W x4.

I am planning on buying 4 Alpine 6012si Speakers.
They are rated @
Power Handling, RMS: 60 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 180 Watts

Is the head unit powerful enough to power these speakers?
I do not generally listen to music too loud but I don't want to underpower these speakers casuing any harm to them or head unit.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,
MishMash

Are you on JeepsUnlimited.com? Your username looks familiar?

Anyway, I have used the -77DH version of your HU in my 98 XJ, and it does very well with efficient coaxials, especially if you supplement it with a sub.