PDA

View Full Version : HU and hard drive integration

Lilmofo55
11-09-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm looking to get a new HU or flip screen...but I want to try to see if it's possible to put a hard drive on it (maybe just a flip screen instead of a new HU) so i can just transfer files onto the HD in the car from a laptop. Any suggestions? Want to try to get a big HD as well. thanks

JB

leonsv
11-11-2006, 03:42 AM
I'm looking to get a new HU or flip screen...but I want to try to see if it's possible to put a hard drive on it (maybe just a flip screen instead of a new HU) so i can just transfer files onto the HD in the car from a laptop. Any suggestions? Want to try to get a big HD as well. thanks

JB

you can do this a couple of ways:

#1-buy a hu with a built in hard drive

#2-buy a car pc

Torgus
11-11-2006, 02:54 PM
no other options? i'm in the same boat. i need a 400g HD for my car and a new hu that can use it. don't they make external ones for certain HUs?

leonsv
11-11-2006, 03:36 PM
no other options? i'm in the same boat. i need a 400g HD for my car and a new hu that can use it. don't they make external ones for certain HUs?

sorry, i haven't seen any...the reason is that there needs to be a "program" that can extract the mp3 files in the hard drive such as itunes and hu's don't have the ability to do it. all i know is that there arehu's with built in hard drives...

ngsm13
11-11-2006, 03:39 PM
www.mp3car.com ;)

nG

ngsm13
11-11-2006, 03:43 PM
This is what you'd want...

http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MON%2D020

And then have a CarPC... build it in your glovebox... or in the trunk...

nG