PDA

View Full Version : Blaupunkt Velocity Series Speakers?

Astyl
11-08-2006, 06:28 PM
So whats the deal with the velocity series speakers from blaupunkt, noone seems to use them but they seem great

just to name afew things

They have 3" Voice coils ( and these are regular 6.5 / 6x9 speakers with 3" VC's, not subs )
Double stacked magnets
carbon fiber cones
etc

and these are regular cabin speakers with 3" voice coils, double stacked magnets and CF cones!!

they seem like they would be absolutely excellent speakers, why dosent anyone use them?

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_6702.html (http://sonicelectronix.com/item_6702.html)

Notwerk
11-09-2006, 02:52 AM
Because what seems good on paper, might not be good in practice. If you've played with them, let us know if they sound good. Given Blaupunkts past products, I wouldn't be likely to lay my own money down for 'em.

T3mpest
11-09-2006, 03:05 AM
3 inch vc just means they can probably handle power, doesnt' mean they sound good doing it..........

DejaWiz
11-09-2006, 10:23 AM
If you put one set of the Vc660's in your shopping cart at SonicElectronix and use the code "blaupunktspring", you get 10% of and buy 1, get 1 free. Not sure how much longer the coupon will be valid for, so order them up and sell the second set on eBay or something. It'd be almost like getting a free component set to play with afterwards.

blupoint
01-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Bought them, driving them with Blaupunkt GTA4 amp, love them. One man's junk is another man's treasure, it's all a matter of opinion. Now you don't have just an opinion, you have the voice of experience.

DejaWiz
01-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Bought them, driving them with Blaupunkt GTA4 amp, love them. One man's junk is another man's treasure, it's all a matter of opinion. Now you don't have just an opinion, you have the voice of experience.

and the username that's a direct translation! :p:

StillAlive&Well
02-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Ive been looking around for some 6x9's myself past few week's. I think i.ll go with the blaupunkt's myself, ive been around car audio for a few years, & blaupunkt has alway's been good with there 6x9's. Ive seen good Co's falloff, have had great stuff, only too turn around to make junk, then make good stuff again, like keenwood, pioneer, jbl, ect, the blaupunkts have always been good tho, also, dont let anyone tell you not to get a great set of rear speaker's, get the best you can afford, just like what you trying to do with the front, every one says imaging, imageing!, lol I say buy the best you can & use your FADER!!!!!!!!!! then it will sound way better than what all those people try to tell you otherwise! I think all Co's hade image in mind when they put a fader on a tape, cd, ect, deck! dont you?

DejaWiz
02-22-2007, 10:53 AM
1.) dont let anyone tell you not to get a great set of rear speaker's, get the best you can afford, just like what you trying to do with the front,

2.) every one says imaging, imageing!

3.) I say buy the best you can & use your FADER!!!!!!!!!! then it will sound way better than what all those people try to tell you otherwise!

4.) I think all Co's hade image in mind when they put a fader on a tape, cd, ect, deck! dont you?

1.) DON'T waste money on rear fill speakers! Dump that money into the best set of front comps you can afford.

2.) Imaging, Imaging!

3.) Why spend a ton of money on rears and then use the fader? Front stage and imaging is the way to go, not rear fill. Why? Because almost all music is recorded in stereophonic, not quadrophonic.

4.) Fader is there so people that aren't specifically after the best SQ they can attain are able to pretend they are.

I. HU
II. FRONT COMPS
III. REAR SUB(s)

....All you need.

AAAAAAA
02-22-2007, 11:27 AM
If you put one set of the Vc660's in your shopping cart at SonicElectronix and use the code "blaupunktspring", you get 10% of and buy 1, get 1 free. Not sure how much longer the coupon will be valid for, so order them up and sell the second set on eBay or something. It'd be almost like getting a free component set to play with afterwards.

I don't see where the 2 for 1 comes in. I just get the 10%.

DejaWiz
02-22-2007, 12:12 PM
I don't see where the 2 for 1 comes in. I just get the 10%.

Check the shipping weight in their shipping calculator with and without the coupon. It's been over a year since they advertised that deal, so I'd email them first just to be sure. Sweet talk them if you have to.

stuckinok
02-22-2007, 12:40 PM
1.) DON'T waste money on rear fill speakers! Dump that money into the best set of front comps you can afford.

2.) Imaging, Imaging!

3.) Why spend a ton of money on rears and then use the fader? Front stage and imaging is the way to go, not rear fill. Why? Because almost all music is recorded in stereophonic, not quadrophonic.

4.) Fader is there so people that aren't specifically after the best SQ they can attain are able to pretend they are.

I. HU
II. FRONT COMPS
III. REAR SUB(s)

....All you need.

Real good advise I hate hearing about rear fill all the time....i dont even have speakers in the rear at all and i dont miss them

DejaWiz
02-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Real good advise I hate hearing about rear fill all the time....i dont even have speakers in the rear at all and i dont miss them

Werd to that.

@ OP and AAAAAAA:
If you do manage to get 2 sets of the Velocity comps (hopefully you can fit the Vc660's in your car) , use 1 set and sell the other on eBay. You'll end up with a decent set of comps on the cheap after the price offset from selling the other. It's exactly what I was going to do until I stumbled on a deal for some SPX's.

SonicElectronix is an authorized Blaupunkt dealer (http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/support_4.asp).

Hintzyboy
02-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I love seeing all you guys fight about rear fill. My St. Cab truck may be a ***** to get a good sub into, but I at least avoid this whole debate.

preunnerv6
02-22-2007, 04:11 PM

Any other details you could share? Bass, midrange, etc? Are you running a sub or just the speakers? I assume these are coaxials, correct?

Thanks.

maddogcsi2004
05-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I have the vc660 set and they sound great, but,when I turn up the volume the tweeters sound fades out,but comes (fades) back on when turned down. any help is welcome! thx :rage:

DejaWiz
05-09-2007, 11:43 PM
I have the vc660 set and they sound great, but,when I turn up the volume the tweeters sound fades out,but comes (fades) back on when turned down. any help is welcome! thx :rage:

What kind of amp are you running them off and how much power is being sent to each side?

Gary S
05-10-2007, 03:05 PM
They are actually a good bang for the buck if you can get them close to $100 or less. They do have good midbass. Midrange is a little lacking... but what can you expect at that price.

DejaWiz
05-10-2007, 03:44 PM
They are actually a good bang for the buck if you can get them close to $100 or less. They do have good midbass. Midrange is a little lacking... but what can you expect at that price.

Ooh! Ooh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blaupunkt-Vc660-Velocity-Series-Oversized-6-1-2-2-way_W0QQitemZ330088719482QQihZ014QQcategoryZ32818Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Drunkship
05-10-2007, 10:11 PM
My dad said Blaupunkt was a good brand 40 years ago...

maddogcsi2004
05-11-2007, 08:10 PM
What kind of amp are you running them off and how much power is being sent to each side?

:hide: pioneer 5900ib,boss gt1000m,boss gt880,2.0 farad cap,2 12" C4 subs,blaupunkt vc660 components (I know its cheap) I dont know how much power.I think its the crossovers. I got my vc660 for $100 new.

Gary S
05-14-2007, 02:55 PM
I thought DejaWiz's ebay deal he posted above was good until I saw that sonicelectronix.com has the VC660 for $69

DejaWiz
05-14-2007, 03:08 PM
I thought DejaWiz's ebay deal he posted above was good until I saw that sonicelectronix.com has the VC660 for $69

WHAT!!!! OMFG thier price was $179 less than 2 weeks ago!

[edit] ...just ordered a set with the 10% off coupon "blaupunktsping". This is going to be a killer gift for a friend of mine.

DejaWiz
09-17-2007, 01:16 PM
So Astyl, sorry to bump an ancient thread, but I gotta know. Did you end up getting the Velocity comps? If so, what are your impressions?

I ask only because my buddy whom I bought the set for as a gift has yet to install them. :uhoh: