PDA

View Full Version : unauthorized dealers and repairs.....

Motovet
11-07-2006, 10:09 PM
My question of the day is... How does an UNauthorized dealer cough..Sonic...cough...Electronix, send out a Pioneer head unit for repairs? Kind of pissed too as I was expecting and told I could get an exchange...

dalucifer
11-07-2006, 10:31 PM
they send it to there "distributor" to get it fixed...They did that to me and i was without an amp for 6 weeks..

Motovet
11-08-2006, 02:38 AM
not good...

j3bus2k3
11-08-2006, 02:44 AM
Call the manufacturer themselves. When I bought my JBL/Crown off Ikesound I had the same question. I called JBL and they said they'd give me a courtesy warranty call should anything happen to the amp. If your polite, ask for help nicely, and kiss their ***...they'll more than likely help ya out.

Motovet
11-09-2006, 02:45 AM
Unfortunately Sonics already has mine....

iceteebone
11-09-2006, 02:46 AM
sometimes they fix it in-house by one of their technitions

OldOneEye
11-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Call the manufacturer themselves. When I bought my JBL/Crown off Ikesound I had the same question. I called JBL and they said they'd give me a courtesy warranty call should anything happen to the amp. If your polite, ask for help nicely, and kiss their ***...they'll more than likely help ya out.

I'm not sure who you spoke with, but if they are still selling product with no serial numbers, JBL is pretty explicit about not giving warranty.

From JBL's site:

Beware of products where the serial numbers have been defaced or removed, as these cannot be covered under our factory warranty. A VALID SERIAL NUMBER IS REQUIRED FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE.