PDA

View Full Version : Swapped CDT Components for Kicker Components

james33440
11-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Well, since some of ya'll have been going 3-way and adding some midbass drivers to the front. That's actually something I wanted to do but never got around to it. I seem to always just change what's in the trunk. ;)

Anyway, I had some CDT CL61 components in the doors and the CDT TW19 Image Enhancement Kit in the sail panels. The CDT's were really good but the sound really lacked midbass. Those components are only recommended for 100Hz+. And, it's not that playing 63Hz+ isn't bad, but it just doesn't sound like it.

So, being that I had some time before I go to work this afternoon (working shift work kinda ***** because of the hours), I decided to put my Kicker Resolution RS6c components to use. :)

I swapped the CDT 6.5" driver and 1" tweeter for the Kicker Resolution RS6 midbass driver and tweeter. Then, I removed the CDT coaxials out the rear and put the CDT CL61 components in the rear. I also kept the CDT TW19 Image Enhancement Kit in the sail panels.

Oh, and I just ran the TW19 to the RS6 X-over. :)

All in all, the swap didn't take but 45 min and it really really sounds better. Now, my door speakers can shake my mirrors alone. LOL. I miss that. :)

Thsi kinda makes me wonder why I even took the Kickers out. :)

Notwerk
11-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Resolutions are very, very nice speakers.:thumbsup:

stuckinok
11-07-2006, 01:44 PM
sweet

skmfkr
11-07-2006, 02:14 PM
my cdt coax shake my side mirrors...