PDA

View Full Version : 5.25 components

fruggy
11-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey guys I figured that Im going to be able to make 5.25 speakers fit in my dash with a littel cutting:crap: .Im looking for good midbass,well atleast for a 5.25.And I really liked the tweeter on the sscs6 set I had.It was perfect not to laid back and not harsh.Ive listened to the tw-24 tweet from cdt,and imo It was to laid back for my liking.So any suggestions thanks.O ya budget 150$

Hoodlum007
11-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Reseach the Cdt CL51a with the Pro25 tweeter.
http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=1173

Notwerk
11-07-2006, 11:27 AM
If you like brighter highs, I'd consider:

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1151&CFID=2513949&CFTOKEN=fc73fef916fa2c2a-C30273FE-1422-7C6E-509DD1597D39F1BE

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4727&CFID=2513949&CFTOKEN=fc73fef916fa2c2a-C30273FE-1422-7C6E-509DD1597D39F1BE

I guess it depends on how much depth you have in the dash?

fruggy
11-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the replys.I dont know if i like brighter highs,But i thougt my brothers cdt tweeter was too laid back,and I thought my sscs6 sets tweeter was perfect.That help?Are focals tweeters like the sscs6 set?

Notwerk
11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Well, my line of thought is that the Crystals use titanium domes, as opposed to silk. Not having heard these particular Crystals, I'd say that your preference for the Crystal's highs is probably attributed to that difference. If you find silks too laid back and titaniums just right, a metal-dome might be more up your alley.

My view is that Focal is the king of the titanium dome. MB Quart is up there as well. These are more likely to sound like the Crystals than something with a silk dome. I'd think the Crystals would have a lot of similarity to the Kevlar-mid, titanium dome Focal Polykevs that they bear a striking resemblance to. My guess is that Crystal had those in mind when they designed the more-affordable SSCS. So, if I had to think of something similar to the Crystals, I'd go with the original, Focal.

But it begs the question: Why don't you just get 5.25 Crystals if you like them so much? Purely budget?

fruggy
11-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Well, my line of thought is that the Crystals use titanium domes, as opposed to silk. Not having heard these particular Crystals, I'd say that your preference for the Crystal's highs is probably attributed to that difference. If you find silks too laid back and titaniums just right, a metal-dome might be more up your alley.

My view is that Focal is the king of the titanium dome. MB Quart is up there as well. These are more likely to sound like the Crystals than something with a silk dome. I'd think the Crystals would have a lot of similarity to the Kevlar-mid, titanium dome Focal Polykevs that they bear a striking resemblance to. My guess is that Crystal had those in mind when they designed the more-affordable SSCS. So, if I had to think of something similar to the Crystals, I'd go with the original, Focal.

But it begs the question: Why don't you just get 5.25 Crystals if you like them so much? Purely budget?
Actually I didnt know they made a 5.25 version.Also Im working in a real tight space the crstals before i had were like 7.1 total diamiter,If the 5.25 is like 6.0 all together I dont know if that will work for my application.

JimJ
11-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Mids in the dash?

I've heard tweets in the dash that I liked, but mids?

fruggy
11-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Mids in the dash?

I've heard tweets in the dash that I liked, but mids?

I really dont have anywhere else to put them,without alot of work.Have you ever seen the inside of a 1991 cavalier?

JimJ
11-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Kickpanels aren't an option?

fruggy
11-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Kickpanels aren't an option?

they do make them for my car.But Ive seen pictures of them and I really dont think it would work.Theres not alot of room around that area,Im pretty sure theyd get kicked around,also I have a 5 spd so now I have to worry about hitting them when I go for the clutch.Ive seen a picture on cardomin with somebody who had them,I cant seem to find it,but Im looking.