PDA

View Full Version : help with home reciever

pimpedout97x
11-04-2006, 08:37 PM
this just started happening. alot of songs on certain high notes, it plays the note....i dont even know how to descibe it...it makes almost every song horrible to listen to. its not the reciever, as ive changed recievers and its not the speakers, as ive tried MULTIPLE speakers and they all do it on those certain notes...its a really hard sound to describe, its just not playing the frequency like its supposed to, like it used to. i have it hooked from my laptop to the reciever, and the speakers from the reciever...its been like this for years and its just starting to sound like crap now...what could it be?

pimpedout97x
11-04-2006, 08:56 PM
its sort of a staticy noise

JimJ
11-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Are you using MP3s? If so, what bitrate?

Also, does it do it with other sources, such as a CD player...or FM from the receiver itself?

pimpedout97x
11-04-2006, 09:05 PM
ive been using the same songs since the beginning...most are mp3s

pimpedout97x
11-04-2006, 09:25 PM
the same songs sound fine when i burn to a cd and play in any car...

JimJ
11-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Did you recently play around with any of the sound card settings?

It sounds to me like the output level of the soundcard is set too high, so it's distorting...

pimpedout97x
11-04-2006, 09:57 PM
i didnt, but my PC has been acting weird lately. how do i get back in a mess with them? its pissing me off! lol

i listen to music all the time in my room...basically whenever im on the computer, which is alot lol

JimJ
11-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Might want to fix the problems with your computer, could be the root of this...

In the meantime, turn down the level on your soundcard and see if that takes care of it. If it gets rid of the distortion, you've found the source.

pimpedout97x
11-04-2006, 10:05 PM
i dont know how to get into my soundcard settings lol

IamDeMan
11-04-2006, 11:43 PM
i dont know how to get into my soundcard settings lol

What soundcard? I would suggest you start with flushing all drivers and software for it out and reinstall all the latest drivers and software. Could have had a bug crawl in its ***, or it has some component on it's board that is just giving up. In the latter case a new SC is the only remedy.

iamamp3pimp
11-05-2006, 03:05 PM
control panel has a speaker icon to click, that gets u into the basic sound card settings.

joetama
11-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Sounds like his computer is getting slowed down doing other processes and the decoding of the MP3 is getting messed up... Figure out what is causing you computer to be slow and the problem should go away. Check for spyware and the like....