PDA

View Full Version : W7 vs SVS HT

hzsogood
11-04-2006, 02:42 AM
Is there anyway i could make an enclosure for my w7 to out perform this sub, in HT.. Even after looking and trying different designs, i dont think i can do it.. any help or suggestions would be helpfull:)

http://www.hometheatersound.com/equipment/svs_pb12_ultra2.htm

JimJ
11-04-2006, 02:48 AM
SVS makes a fine product...any reason why you'd like to out-do it?

Moved to the correct section.

hzsogood
11-04-2006, 02:55 AM
sorry bout the section, But im sick of ppl sayin this is the best low end , loudest HT sub available... just want to prove ppl wrong.. w the TL some how in HT w a W7 :)

1loudsuv
11-04-2006, 03:12 AM
heheh i got that exact sub but its piano black

its loud no doubt and plays low really low but like any bass head i want more lol. but i dunno about the jl never really thought about using them for ht. i do hear alot of good things about the svs cause they are good.

mine at volume -24 (-0 is full blast -60 is mute) can be heard and fealt throughout the whole house eazy. i usually dont go pass that but it can go louder and i do when theirs no one home lol

i was watching an hd-dvd today "apollo 13" and my girl was outside cooking and she feals the kitchen shaking and my roomates kid his like 7 asks her "what is that noise shaking all that house" in a scared voice lol hehehe i told my girl it was the launch and she was like it sure felt like it and to turn that **** down :(

hzsogood
11-04-2006, 03:20 AM
heheh i got that exact sub but its piano black

its loud no doubt and plays low really low but like any bass head i want more lol. but i dunno about the jl never really thought about using them for ht. i do hear alot of good things about the svs cause they are good.

mine at volume -24 (-0 is full blast -60 is mute) can be heard and fealt throughout the whole house eazy. i usually dont go pass that but it can go louder and i do when theirs no one home lol

i was watching an hd-dvd today "apollo 13" and my girl was outside cooking and she feals the kitchen shaking and my roomates kid his like 7 asks her "what is that noise shaking all that house" in a scared voice lol hehehe i told my girl it was the launch and she was like it sure felt like it and to turn that **** down :(

its so hard to debate when you havent heard it.. but i know ur in dbdrag and love the bass ( see sig :) ) but somehow i think i could build a better ported ( 2 6" aero ) enclosure and tune way way low.. around a qtc of .550 or so with a good 1000+ rms amp like a behringer which i think will put out around 1200 or so at 3 ohm

1loudsuv
11-04-2006, 03:27 AM
its comes with a 1000 watt rms bash amplifier and i have two port plugs in so its tuned at 16 hertz

hzsogood
11-04-2006, 03:31 AM
its comes with a 1000 watt rms bash amplifier and i have two port plugs in so its tuned at 16 hertz

so how does 16hz sound for music

1loudsuv
11-04-2006, 03:32 AM
not close to as loud at all :( its more of a movie setup. it gets really loud with explosions and stuff like that.

ps i finally fixed my sig for my stats never tried till now been to lazy lol

hzsogood
11-04-2006, 03:37 AM
i dont get it .. Whats tuning to 16hz do??? ive seen many movies withs lows and explosions in cars that tear **** apart that are tuned in the low 30s, I know ht is different due to the wide open space but still, is it that different

1loudsuv
11-04-2006, 03:43 AM
i wish i knew but in my experience the bass is alot louder with movies then it is with cd's and im sure its the tunning if i raise it the music gets louder but i dont like the way it sounds while watching movies its to loud to often like that and doesnt really get that surprise fealing when watching a scary movie.

hzsogood
11-04-2006, 03:46 AM
i wish i knew but in my experience the bass is alot louder with movies then it is with cd's and im sure its the tunning if i raise it the music gets louder but i dont like the way it sounds while watching movies its to loud to often like that and doesnt really get that surprise fealing when watching a scary movie.

play hoods run down by lil white and tell me what happens.. I think that my TL said it was somewhere in the 10 hz areaon the low note bass drop in the begining

JimJ
11-04-2006, 08:30 AM
i dont get it .. Whats tuning to 16hz do??? ive seen many movies withs lows and explosions in cars that tear **** apart that are tuned in the low 30s, I know ht is different due to the wide open space but still, is it that different

In a house, you have next to no cabin gain like you do in even a large vehicle...tuning lower is necessary for a flatter response, where in a vehicle you have a natural boost provided by the vehicle's transfer function.

joetama
11-04-2006, 12:51 PM
There is a reason why things cost more than other things. I bet you could probably build a sub that would be louder, however would it be as clean or natural? Most likely not.

JimJ
11-04-2006, 12:53 PM
W7? Natural? Wha?

:D

I'm just not terribly fond of the way they sound...but they do have output to spare, that's for sure.

joetama
11-04-2006, 03:49 PM
W7? Natural? Wha?

:D

I'm just not terribly fond of the way they sound...but they do have output to spare, that's for sure.

Yea.... There is engineering and testing that goes into something that a company produces that the DIY can not do.... So, go figure....