PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to Rainbows

toy4x
11-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I've had Infinity Perfect 6.1's now for the last 4 years. Joined this forum and everyone's talking about Rainbows. Never heard of them. Did a lot of research here and I'll I can say is WOW!!:eek: I am the proud owner of the SLC 265 Kicks and these things DESTROY the Perfects in every way possible. So smooth and the midbass is pretty good. I was expecting a little more but I have yet to deaden my doors and the speakers have yet to break in. So I'm sure their will be alot more midbass when I get this handled. Thanks to everyone here for their recomendations and to 6spdcoupe for his knowledge of the product and his patience for Fedex messing up on the shipment. :veryhapp:

MBrock4u
11-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah that great! Glad to hear that you are very happy with the Rainbows. If I wasn't so happy with my Polk momo's I would probably get some. They might be even better than my Polk's but I am so satisfied with them that I hate to mess with it even for the Rainbows. I too have heard nothing but good things about them. Enjoy :)

jacka
11-03-2006, 10:30 PM
that's good to hear. deadening your doors is must! glad you like the rainbows.

the727kid
11-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Good to hear, I just payed for my Germs today. I'm excited to get them, gotta wait a week n half though :(. How much you power you feeding htem?

Raven
11-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I have non kick version and love them.

toy4x
11-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Deadening doors is next...putting 115 wtts each. Dont need to put anymore into them, sounds perfectly smooth and clean to me. Any louder and I'll be deaf real soon....been in this game too long and already have noticed my hearing has been affected.

PremierAudio
11-04-2006, 09:01 AM
Glad to see you like your Rainbows! Deaden those doors and they will suddenly become even more musical. Rainbows are fairly efficient speakers so you dont really need a lot of wattage to them. What you are givening them is fine. We have gave alot of ours over 200 a side without breaking a sweet. So if you find yourself wanting more out of them, first dont overlook the install, second mess around with your tuning, then give them more hell!