PDA

View Full Version : Want a Cheap Flipout!

Astyl
10-31-2006, 11:54 PM
Im wanting to get a cheap flipout.. when i say cheap i mean under $500 bones. Heres the needs

I want it touchscreen , CD Player W/ Mp3 / three sets of preamps, etc all the basic stuff

I dont need Nav, hell, i dont even need DVD.. i just want a flipout for baller status, it dosent have to do anything special.. and it has to be a touchscreen

whats the word on the cheap Jensen / Dual Ones? ( i know Dual , ETC is bad, but if it comes with a 2+ year warranty, what does it matter? ) And they can be had in the 300 doller range

Mr Bojangles
10-31-2006, 11:58 PM
You can get the DUAL for like 470 shipped from millionbuy and even has iPlug!!!! MUST HAVE! :)

Astyl
10-31-2006, 11:59 PM
I forgot to mention that.. i dont need IPOD either.... basically i want your basic functions like something youd find on a regular alpine / pioneer CD player without all the fancy active ****.. except a flipscreen

Astyl
11-01-2006, 12:02 AM
im likin this one

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7840.html#

skydeaner
11-01-2006, 12:08 AM
you know, i've heard good stuff about the jensen units for how much they cost.

check this out homefry (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4322.html)

pitbull12888
11-01-2006, 12:11 AM
im lookin at both them same models myself from crutchfield.. im thinkin about the dual because it has outputs to hook up more screens and i dont think that jensen does.

the727kid
11-01-2006, 12:12 AM
I will have a brand new AVH5700 in a few weeks. I will sell it for $600, warrenty still with it.

Astyl
11-01-2006, 12:24 AM
the jensens might be cheaper but i havent had first hand experience with them, which is something you really need to do with flip screens.. ive messed around with the dual one in bestbuy and its acceptable... im really pick with flipscreens, cause sometimes the displays can look like **** when your not watching DVDs and just messing around the menus

Randy Savage
11-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Jensen>dual as far as screens go.

Jensens actually have a very nice picture for the money...but I've had a few people bring em back because the buttons on the face are flimsy...

If I were you I'd get a little more money and get a nicer unit...don't be ghetto when it comes to buying an in-dash screen.

black_sedan
11-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Whats the cheapest with detachable face, option of ipod, and option of hooking up to factory steering wheel controls?

Ctminime
11-01-2006, 12:31 AM
u should check out those "valor flip outs" good clarity in screen and somwhat feature rich.... the brand is valor search em on ebay

pitbull12888
11-01-2006, 03:40 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230044740996&rd=1,1

theres one... anybody ever tried 1? there pretty cheap and they have a 1 yr warranty. I might get one and try it out.

.::DuD3::.
11-01-2006, 10:44 AM
carpc > dash flip outs.

BassAddictJ
11-01-2006, 11:02 AM
the jensens might be cheaper but i havent had first hand experience with them, which is something you really need to do with flip screens.. ive messed around with the dual one in bestbuy and its acceptable... im really pick with flipscreens, cause sometimes the displays can look like **** when your not watching DVDs and just messing around the menus

jensens screen quality is nice, however the 9410 flip out i had had horribly SQ, ****** processing, and broke down more and mroe over time, total POS, not worth themoney.....steer away from the jensens for sure......mien was more of a hassle then anything else....find a used pioneer or something, the few extra bucks will be FAR worth it

mrray13
11-01-2006, 11:05 AM
i've installed both the jensens and the duals..and IME, the jensens > the duals...much better product...

that being said, we sell our clarion model for $700 or so, and it walks both, save the jensen has a built in tv tuner.

but to get one for "baller" status, IMHO, your compensating for something and that's just weak.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee :peace:

Astyl
11-01-2006, 05:44 PM
TBH with you, my "ideal" flipscreen is the Alpine IVA-D310.. i love those things.. but there like 1300 which is redicilous

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-doa0VjT3fYq/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=168550&I=500IVAD310

Rome85CT
11-07-2006, 11:22 AM
i got an eclipse AV 8012 flip out screen for ya. $375 for it. PM me for questions.

BigProof
11-07-2006, 01:26 PM
i'd check out "mp3playerstore.com" if i were you!
quality might not be the greatest, might not be the most feature rich, but will probably be the cheapest one you'll find....i've had one for a few years and it still works fine if that tells you anything.

xxxpower
11-07-2006, 01:35 PM
my brother has this one and it works great and this site offers bill me later if you dont have all the cash to get it now

http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1907650

Chevyaudio
11-07-2006, 01:36 PM
IMHO both the Dual and Jensen arent worth the money. I have installed both at the shop, and both come back 60% of the time. The Duals get VERY VERY VERY Hot, so hot you cant touch the heat sink on the back, and all of them had ample air flow behind the deck. As was mentioned by Snova, the buttons on the jensen are so flimsy and its hard to control things, and the whole unit itself is not user friendly. Honestly Save your money dude, dont go the Ghetto route, niether of these units have ample processing, Both have only Bass and Trebble EQ, and they are extremely weak (especially the jensen) internal Amplifiers, if you are going to use the internal amp.

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY...

Alpine
Eclipse
Pioneer
Clarion
Kenwood

AJē06
11-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Im wanting to get a cheap flipout.. when i say cheap i mean under $500 bones. Heres the needs

I want it touchscreen , CD Player W/ Mp3 / three sets of preamps, etc all the basic stuff

I dont need Nav, hell, i dont even need DVD.. i just want a flipout for baller status, it dosent have to do anything special.. and it has to be a touchscreen

whats the word on the cheap Jensen / Dual Ones? ( i know Dual , ETC is bad, but if it comes with a 2+ year warranty, what does it matter? ) And they can be had in the 300 doller range

Since when did that give anyone a baller status??? :eyebrow:
:laugh:

Rome85CT
11-07-2006, 02:00 PM
IMHO both the Dual and Jensen arent worth the money. I have installed both at the shop, and both come back 60% of the time. The Duals get VERY VERY VERY Hot, so hot you cant touch the heat sink on the back, and all of them had ample air flow behind the deck. As was mentioned by Snova, the buttons on the jensen are so flimsy and its hard to control things, and the whole unit itself is not user friendly. Honestly Save your money dude, dont go the Ghetto route, niether of these units have ample processing, Both have only Bass and Trebble EQ, and they are extremely weak (especially the jensen) internal Amplifiers, if you are going to use the internal amp.

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY...

Alpine
Eclipse
Pioneer
Clarion
Kenwood

see he said eclipse, thats what i got for ya!