PDA

View Full Version : Nakamichi?

Lazyace1975
10-31-2006, 09:40 PM
I've read alot of great stuff here & elsewhere about the CD-700, 700II & the MBX but what does anyone think of the CD300, 400 or 500? I had my choices narrowed down to the Pioneer 880PRS or the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X890 but the looks of the Nakimichi keeps drawing me back to it as well. Is the Nak worth a try or should I go with the one of others? Simplicity, ease of use & SQ are my main goals. Thanks, Lazyace.

CRXican
10-31-2006, 09:42 PM
Kenwood FTW, I have one in my CRX

I have the 880PRS in my Subaru and had a Nakamichi CD 45Z that died (preouts)

Lazyace1975
10-31-2006, 09:54 PM
Nak's are more bacl-to-basics SQ units. No frills, just all out SQ. Very, verrry nice decks if that's what you're going for.

That's exactly what I want. Would the CD300 serve me well to start with & maybe upgrade to the higher end models later? I'd like to invest low then determine if I like or if I don't sell, recoup & move on to something else. Thanks, Lazyace.

squeak9798
10-31-2006, 09:58 PM
Would you be using any external processing with the Nak?

Because if not....you would be better off with something like the 880PR in all honesty. You'll experience a much larger increase in sound quality by being able to utilize the things like time alignment, more extensive equalization and xover point/slope optimization.

Lazyace1975
10-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Would you be using any external processing with the Nak?

Because if not....you would be better off with something like the 880PR in all honesty. You'll experience a much larger increase in sound quality by being able to utilize the things like time alignment, more extensive equalization and xover point/slope optimization.

Nope. Nothing but the HU. Well I guess that settles that. The 880prs it is, then(Unless, of course, I decide to use the Kenwood). Thanks for the help guys ;) :D .