PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Suggestions On Speakers For My Car!!!!!

Saucy
10-31-2006, 06:41 PM
I need some speakers for my car. 2 tweets, 2 5.25's and 2 6x9's. Anyone have any suggestions? I want sum speakers that are very loud but still sound clear and crisp.

SpasticGramps
10-31-2006, 08:31 PM
what's your price range?

Notwerk
10-31-2006, 09:22 PM
look at the a/d/s comps on Sounddomain.com. As for the 6x9, generally, I think rear fill is a waste of money, but if you insist, Pioneer Revs.

Saucy
11-01-2006, 05:03 AM
my budget is around 200-300. Rear fill is a waste of money? So you think I shouldnt even get 6x9's?????

Saucy
11-01-2006, 05:06 AM
200-300 is enough right?

2kchevy06civic
11-01-2006, 05:09 AM
Generally it's a waste of money b/c rear fill will take away from the front stage but time alignment I would imagine could fix that. However, I've never cared for rear fill so I don't bother. With that budget I'd suggest looking at Rainbow SLC's. I believe they go for around that price.

Saucy
11-01-2006, 05:11 AM
so I should only get my door speakers and tweets??? where can I the raidbows from?

2kchevy06civic
11-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Yes a 2-way passive component set would be ideal for the needs you have. 6spdcoupe is a rainbow dealer and can probably help you as far as purchasing those speakers.

I'm not saying you should pick those just b/c I suggested them....the best thing you can do is go to some local audio shops listen to what they have to offer and see if they match your budget.

There are a lot of people who have used, tested, and listened to the rainbow SLC's though and generally have positive remarks about them so that's why I suggested them. You can do a search if you'd like I'm sure a few threads will come up.

Saucy
11-01-2006, 05:20 AM
ok Ill check those out, I just need sumthin loud, I got 2 15'' Q's on the way.

2kchevy06civic
11-01-2006, 05:22 AM
If you need some comps that will take a lot of power I'd suggest Boston Acoustic Pro's or crystal sscs6's. The bostons will take 200+ and I'm sure the Crystals can take around 200 not sure if people have used more than that.

But the Rainbows should be fine with around 100-ish watts of power.

Saucy
11-01-2006, 05:31 AM
ok cool, thanks for the info

2kchevy06civic
11-01-2006, 05:33 AM
That's what forums are for my friend =)

Saucy
11-01-2006, 06:10 AM
why do you guys say rear fill is a waste? wont rear speakers make the overall system louder? sorry if its a dumb question, Im still learning

PremierAudio
11-01-2006, 08:22 AM
CDTs can also get loud. Some louder than rainbows. Either is a good choice. For about 189 you are in the EF line for CDT Audio and they have great midbass and can get pretty loud, but stay very clear while doing so.

james33440
11-01-2006, 11:04 AM
I like my CDT's as well.

I loved the output from my old Kicker Resolution RS6's. I have been trying to sell those components along with my Orion 300.2 amp for a while now. However, I may just try to buy another set of RS6's and use them in my car.

I really don't mind the rear speakers because I am using the Pro Mode on my Eclipse deck which utilizes Time Alignment. ;)

SpasticGramps
11-01-2006, 01:36 PM
In that price range I would suggest the CDT EF line too. I just love the midbass and the smooth tweets. You can really crank them up without hurting your ears.

I don't use rearfill either. I think it takes away from my frontstage. I have the ability to time align it, but I don't even bother with it. If you have a really good frontstage such as you will IMO rearfill is a waste.

Saucy
11-01-2006, 04:19 PM
so should I or should I not get rear speakers? Ill look into some CDT's, do they have them on ebay?

2kchevy06civic
11-01-2006, 07:31 PM
If you have a proper frontstage rear fill will not be needed, I'll say that. Really if you like rear fill go ahead and buy something to please you but I'm tellin you if you have a powerful front stage you'll be happy with that.

Notwerk
11-01-2006, 08:26 PM
I suppose by now, every CDT/Rainbow dealer on the board has already gotten to you. I'd strongly urge you to listen to do some listening to different speakers and see what you like before you buy. Check with your local shops as well. The manufacturers will usually be happy to steer you toward a shop in your area where you can do some listening. Buying speakers is like buying clothes. Everyone has different tastes and what suits one, may not suit another. I'm sure you try on clothes before you buy them, you ought to do the same with speakers.

Besides the current boners on this board, you might also want to check out these options:

www.ozaudio.com

www.arcaudio.com

www.zapco.com

www.bostonacoustics.com

www.jlaudio.com

www.dls.se

www.morelhifi.com

www.audiotec-fischer.com/englisch/helix_englisch/helixstart.html

www.adst.com

http://www.focal-america.com/

http://www.canton.de/en-serie-car.htm

http://www.mbquart.com/en/

There are lots and lots of good options out there in your price range. Until you know what kind of sound you're looking for in a speaker, I wouldn't buy anything. That doesn't mean you HAVE to buy what's around you, but if I know that, for example, you like bright highs, I'd recommend MB Quart, Boston Acoustics, Focal or Canton. If you like warmer highs, then I know Oz, a/d/s, Morel or Helix are a better fit. You have to develop the ear for what you want from a speaker.

The reason many recommend against rear-fill is that they're behind you and they can make imaging more difficult. Think of going to a concert: You don't turn your back on the performers do you? Most people want the sound in front of them. Having speakers behind you can draw the sound behind you. This is especially problematic with subwoofers, as most of us mount the subs in the rear. Giving the illusion that the sound is up front gets harder with rear-fill. Also, rear fill can cause sound cancellation, particularly with the highs.

However, with more people installing surround sound in cars, rear-fill is becoming more important. It's a call you'll have to make, but I think the point is that you should put the majority of your focus on the fronts. There are plenty of cheaper options that'll do fine for rear-fill. Don't spend a lot of money there. I'd rather have $300 in my fronts and $100 in my rear-fill than $200 all around.

Hope that helps.

Saucy
11-02-2006, 06:42 PM
yes it does alottttttt. thanks notwerk. are these MB's any good
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300042740382&rd=1&rd=1

Saucy
11-02-2006, 06:45 PM
also I was thinking of getting these for the rear, but if you say I dont need them I wont even bother. But do you think these 6x9's and those 5.25's would sound nice together if I hook these to the deck and the 5.25's to an amp?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270044607098&rd=1&rd=1

Makaveli7haDon
11-02-2006, 10:22 PM
i have the CDT HD62s myself and are around $300-350. im running it off my JBL px600.2 at 180x2@4ohms. very LOUD and CLEAR.... the tweeter and midbass is absolutely amazing. go to cdtaudio.com and locate a dealer around you for a demo immediately. if you were around los angeles i would let you demo mine