PDA

View Full Version : Who has NAV head unit?

shellshocked
10-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Looking to upgrade from my Alpine 9847. I really like the ease of use of this head unit. I want navigation but I also want to upgrade the SQ of my system. Would like to run active if possible using the headunit, price is not a factor. I looked at Pioneer and Eclipse today - neither were exciting - way to complicated to get to the standard audio features like sub level and equilizer. Has anyone done a side by side review of nav headunits? Does anyone have experience with multiple models - what would you recommend? I am torn between the pioneer 880 and going to a navigation headunit.

saj21187
10-29-2006, 08:57 PM
My eclipse 6600 is surprisingly easy to use. It took me maybe a day to get used to is, switching from my alpine 7892, but no i can easily navigate the Eq, ipod, nav, etc while driving. As far as the EQ, it is located on the very first menu screen so it is very easily accessible. The sub adjustment is located 2 screens away, and i havent had to adjust it since i first set it. I never really thought about it before i had a screen, but i really enjoy having the big screen to view especially if your hooking up an ipod or satellite radio. Out of the two the pioneers seem to be slightly harder to use, but im sure they wouldnt be hard to get used to after a while.

jdmteg2nv
10-30-2006, 12:10 AM
I had the Pioneer Avic N1 and upgraded to the Eclipse AVN 7000 and let me tell you it's a night and day diff. between the two units...I was hesitant at first but after I did the switch I was very happy...what I do reccommend for the AVN 7000 is Eclipse's 5.1 processor...it's not a need but deff. a good want

LinxuS
10-30-2006, 12:41 AM
I don't really find it hard to get to the audio adjustments.. It's one touch on the screen, then touch on audio and you're there, however.. The actual equalizer in my AVIC-N3 ***** :(. 3 Band parametric.. That and the 2v pre amps are kind of low.

But everything else on it is great. They added the 5.1 into the system, so you don't have to pay like $200 to get an add on one. I like the menus and all those goodies. I don't really have anything to compare it to as far as sound quality though.