PDA

View Full Version : Anyone put tweeters in GM pillar location?

Motovet
10-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Almost done...though the Pio 880 noise problem held me back:mad: Anyway the Germanium tweets are proving to be more challenging than I thought. So anyone else happy with aftermarket stuff in that location shooting at the glass.

azbass
10-29-2006, 06:09 PM
yeah i have done that quite a lot putting tweets in teh stock location.

Motovet
10-29-2006, 06:20 PM
yeah i have done that quite a lot putting tweets in teh stock location.

But did you like it? Sounded fair with the Bose there....but not so sure powerful tweets will be good.

azbass
10-29-2006, 06:21 PM
the customer/s seem happy with it.

azbass
10-29-2006, 06:22 PM
anything sounds better than bose.

Motovet
10-29-2006, 06:32 PM
anything sounds better than bose.

very true....
you are refering to the GM spot that angles forward... I wanted to angle them behind the door grill as I did in my chev. truck, but these tweeters are big, and aren't clearing the grill.

azbass
10-29-2006, 06:38 PM
you would have to mod it, as the stock fire to the glass. i would not recomend that.
either get em to fire across at eachother or at you.

Motovet
10-31-2006, 01:47 AM
Problem solved. Wonders you can do with 2" PVC....

Johnny Drama
10-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Problem solved. Wonders you can do with 2" PVC....

While that will still sound good...you will only really get good imaging in these trucks in 2 locations.

1)mids and tweets in kicks

2)mids in kicks and tweets in a-pillars.

Mine sound great, but in these cars you either want to face them at you or completely away from you. Use the window to reflect the image back to you. If you dont, you will have a shifted image like mine currently is. I will be either glassing my pillars to what I want or having innovative rides finish them for me.

Johnny Drama
10-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Forgot to add...in the stock locations the sound will be in your lap ir in your face at best. In the a-pillars or kicks you will get a better depth and it will dound like its coming from begining to mid point on your hood, depending on your mounting location.

One more tip...

If you do go in the a-pillars, not only point them to or directly away from you, but mount them under the half way mark where you like them. If you mount them too high like mine, you will get the upper instruments and voices sounding like they are coming from the begining of your headliner

Motovet
10-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Any pics of what you are describing? I have my Bostons pretty much as the germs pictured for the Tahoe, and it sounded the best to me after the double sided tape thing. Is the stock location what you are talking about?

Motovet
11-01-2006, 07:32 PM
??